Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by bradm2 You are going to get alot of opinions on this subject ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Thumbs up

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bradm2 View Post
    You are going to get alot of opinions on this subject and they are going to vary by how the devices are used. I, for example, went from a curve 8330 to an Iphone 3g and just switched back to curve 8900. The Iphone is a great gadget and an good phone, but, does not lend itself to business use. E-mail and messaging are far better on the BB than the Iphone. All BB's except for the Bold use the Edge network on AT&T. The Bold is 3G. Having used both there isn't much difference in speed, maybe a couple seconds per browser page. If you are looking for a multimedia plaything then the Iphone is definitely for you. Battery life on the Iphone is horrible. I would take mine off charge right before leaving for work and it would be all but dead by the time I got home. Never got more than 12 hours out of it. My BB's hold a charge for a minimum of 24hrs and I routinely go 2 to 3 days. If you love your BB, keep it. If you are more concerned about yourube and music and movies get an Iphone. As for apps, yes the Iphone definitley has more apps and you need a dog whistle and a fart machine then you better get an Iphone. Actual useful apps are pretty much equal and I have the same types of apps on my BB that I had on my Iphone. It's going to be a personal use choice and all depends on what you want out of your phone. My Iphone is currently listed on Ebay. To each his own.
    I dont think I have heard a more well thought out intelligent statement on this subject. It screams fair and balanced.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

ThisFlyGuy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    If you get the iphone you'll probably have another 7 months to enjoy it till they release the next iphone series. I mean, following the release pattern of the iphone it's bound to be release sometime in June probably 20'something. If you get the 8900 I'd suggest you go with the 9700 instead because it already comes with the new OS installed rather than waiting for AT&T to release its official release and also the trackball issue. Good luck with your decision. The iphone has a big screen and the bells and whistles but lacks simple things like camera flash. I don't like to carry 10 different electronic devices in my pocket and like to only carry one so if it all comes in one package the better I don't wanna be carrying all those things. Hopefully, you'll make the right choice; be it android/iphone/bb/or any other device
    I actually went to the at&t store today to play with the Iphone and the 8900-- and the 9700, since i was there anyway.
    I'm coming from a 8300 and playing with the iphone just didn't do it for me. I was looking up things in the apps and typing in stuff, but it just felt so cramped with my finger occasionally pressing into two letters....didn't like it. The 8900 felt pretty good but it did feel smaller than my 8300. I wished it was a bit more wider. Trackball felt fine but didn't go as easy as my 8300. I then looked at the 9700 since it was right next to the 8900 although i wasn't planning on getting it- it felt about the same at the 8900 but just different with the trackpad- didn't really impress me and truthfully i'd prefer the trackball. It didn't feel as accurate as the trackball (occasionally skipped over what i was trying to scroll too). At the end of the day I'm still leaning towards the 8900 of the 3 phones.

However I also went to the Sprint store and played with the Tour 9630- it was very similar to the 8900 only a tad wider, which i preferred....only way to get it though is to switch to sprint or buy the phone and unlock it to put my at&t sim in there.......dunno what i should do

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy View Post
    I actually went to the at&t store today to play with the Iphone and the 8900-- and the 9700, since i was there anyway.
    I'm coming from a 8300 and playing with the iphone just didn't do it for me. I was looking up things in the apps and typing in stuff, but it just felt so cramped with my finger occasionally pressing into two letters....didn't like it. The 8900 felt pretty good but it did feel smaller than my 8300. I wished it was a bit more wider. Trackball felt fine but didn't go as easy as my 8300. I then looked at the 9700 since it was right next to the 8900 although i wasn't planning on getting it- it felt about the same at the 8900 but just different with the trackpad- didn't really impress me and truthfully i'd prefer the trackball. It didn't feel as accurate as the trackball (occasionally skipped over what i was trying to scroll too). At the end of the day I'm still leaning towards the 8900 of the 3 phones.

However I also went to the Sprint store and played with the Tour 9630- it was very similar to the 8900 only a tad wider, which i preferred....only way to get it though is to switch to sprint or buy the phone and unlock it to put my at&t sim in there.......dunno what i should do
    Its a bit more complicated thn that, sprint phones don't have sim cards so if u unlock it u can take it to verizon or alltel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12