I got my newest 8900 last month and updated the OS to the .251 Tmobile ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Breezy279 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8900 acting weird...

Advertisement

I got my newest 8900 last month and updated the OS to the .251 Tmobile has on their site the day I got it. So I dont know if my issue is OS related...

Its been turning off randomly. When its not being touched or moved, I look over and the hourglass is on and it has reset.

I keep getting kicked out of the Facebook and Myspace apps. I thought it was because I turned on my firewall, which I then turned off. I am still getting kicked out, then it tells me the password and email are wrong. And they arent. After numerous attempts I get back in. And my Weatherbug keeps kicking me out and acting weird...

I have also had the same theme on the phone since I got the new one, and I have tried a bunch of battery pulls. This started happening a while after I got the phone.

Any ideas? I mean boo hoo about the Facebook and Myspace apps, but it randomly turning off when people are trying to get a hold of me and I didnt realize it turned off and I need to put my SIM pin is annoying.

Thanks!
    8900 with the stock OS ;)
    T-Mobile

Newest issue, circa 5mins ago.
    My phone has lovingly reset all my sound profiles to stock.
    WTF mate?
    T-Mobile

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    When you upgraded the os did you have a sd card in the device?
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.153 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Nope. To be honest it was the first time I did an upgrade without the SD card in. I know I am a bad girl.
    T-Mobile

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It definitely sounds software related. Did you upgrade through DM or through the web update feature? If you did it through DM, uninstall the OS from your system and re-download. Then do a re-install of the OS to your device. That way we eliminate a problem with the local installation.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I downloaded the OS straight from Tmobile's BB upgrade download page. Maybe I'll try re-installing the OS for sh*ts and giggles anyway...
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Try connecting the device and going here in Internet Explorer.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

The weird things is, when I first upgraded the OS I had no problems. Not until the last week 1/2. And I can't think of anything new on my BB that would mess things like this up.

I'll have to try that when I get home. I'm off to watch the Cardinals practice right now...