Right now, I have the 8310 for $100, the 8820 would cost me $300. I've ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Magna no está en línea Stack level 1

8820 v. 8310 on at&t

Advertisement

Right now, I have the 8310 for $100, the 8820 would cost me $300. I've got a few weeks with the 8310 and can return it or exchange it. I am new to Blackberries. Yesterday with low battery status I tried to make a call and my BB said "call failed." I plugged in the recharger and still got the same error, only in the morning when I took out the battery to re-boot did the phone function work again. So I am thinking the 8310 is not as reliable as the 8820, and besides the 8820 has WiFi. I don't really use the camera anyway. Disregarding price, what's the better phone?

Does the 8820 have a browser in which you see regular webpages instead of wap pages like the iPhone?

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8820 v. 8310 on at&t

I dont think the 88** series is any more reliable than the 83** series necessarily, just depends on whether you want camera on your phone or not for the most part. The 88's are a little bit bigger and have a heavier feel to them, but I personally love having the camera and the soon to be ability to record video. Also the browser has not been changed from what I have read. Just get Opera mini for the full view of webpages.
    Last edited by lovin2act; 02-07-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typo
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Its all a matter of preference. There isn't much difference between them beyond what you mentioned and what lovin2act mentioned.

Reliability wise, I think they're pretty equal. All BBs tend to need a battery pull reset every now and then.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Magna View Post
    Disregarding price, what's the better phone?
    Depends on your needs. Your called failed message isn't really a useful indicator of reliability. If you think WiFi is more useful then get the 8820. If you want the camera then obviously the 8820 won't help much...

Quote Originally Posted by Magna View Post
    Does the 8820 have a browser in which you see regular webpages instead of wap pages like the iPhone?
    I don't understand what you mean. All BB's have HTML and WAP browsers. It depends on which one you use. I think you're probably asking about the way pages are formatted. Try switching to Desktop View or download and try out Opera Mini.
    Last edited by takeshi; 02-08-2008 at 12:00 PM.

tbone6649 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2403CBE1

Opera Mini is awesome!! Can view pages that the bb browser can not
    PIN me: 23F6D9C8