So my wife picked up her Curve today. Me being the good hubby I am, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

8703 User's Impressions

Advertisement

So my wife picked up her Curve today. Me being the good hubby I am, I set it up for her. I'm a recent convert to BlackBerry myself.

Here's what I think...

The phone is every bit as sleek and sexy as hyped. Its a small but solid little device. Its sleekness and upgraded features really make my 8703 feel like a dinosuar. I wasn't always a big camera fan, but a camera + email? Too much fun.
    What I didn't like. The trackball. It just feels too slippery, less stable than the thumbwheel. The keyboard is not as comfortable as the 8703's. However, since this is meant more for the consumer, it may not be an issue.

All in all...where the hell is the CDMA version?

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

Re: 8703 User's Impressions

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~First of all, major props on setting things up for your wife. Nice job.
    Second thing, you are extremely right about its sleekness. This thing is flat nasty!lol. I love mine.
    Thirdly, I can only hope that CDMA folks will get a chance to own this beauty sooner than later.
    Hope your wife likes her new device. I'll keep all CDMA folks in my prayers. Take care and welcome to the revolution!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I would love too have a 8300. I'm on Verizon and just got the 8830. I'm not a frequent camera user so in the mean time this will do the job. I got it because of the media player and updated os. So right now I'm pleased.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Come on Aug 2! VZW upgrage credit time!!!

jerms no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cant wait to get a curve..we were out of 7520s at my company when mine finally died on me..now I'm stick using this 7100i until we switch to att in august..

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC

I didn't like the trackball at first when I upgraded to the Pearl from the 8700c...but learned to like it and I still do on the Curve. Can't imagine going back to the side scroll button now...

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe
    What I didn't like. The trackball. It just feels too slippery, less stable than the thumbwheel. The keyboard is not as comfortable as the 8703's. However, since this is meant more for the consumer, it may not be an issue.
    I agree with you at first (first couple hours) but after two days I have changed my tune. I actually moved my SIM back to my old 8700 for a little to get a re-feel of it. I now find the trackball a HUGE advantage over the wheel (will never go back) and have gotten enough comfort for the 8300 keyboard that I really appreciate it's slightly more compact size. I can type two-thumbs as usual, but now can also type single-thumb whenever I feel like it too.

Now if I can re-program myself to use the Escape button instead of End to exit applications...

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyPS
    I didn't like the trackball at first when I upgraded to the Pearl from the 8700c...but learned to like it and I still do on the Curve. Can't imagine going back to the side scroll button now...
    I know exactly what you mean. I went from an 8703e to an 8830 and I love the trackball much better. After awhile of constant use the side trackwheel use to hurt my hand.