I didn't see an 8530 forum for itself, so sorry I am posting it here. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MSCalhoun no está en línea Stack level 1

8530 question

Advertisement

I didn't see an 8530 forum for itself, so sorry I am posting it here. I just got my 8530 and I had a question about it.

I have Sprint PCS with unlimited data. I noticed that anytime I want to go on the net with my phone, it says I need a wifi connection. I thought unlimited data would also mean that you can go online anytime, anywhere, through the phone. Do you have to have a wifi connection to browse the net? And if not, is there a certain setting I need to set my phone on so that i can use the phone service to browse the net?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    You need a blackberry plan, make sure Sprint set you up with the correct plan. Might just need to do an HRT, on the device, go to Options, then Advanced, then Host Routing, then press the BB (or menu) button and select Register Now. If that does not work let us know.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Ok i did all of that, but when I try to go online, still saying I need a wifi

Oh wait a minute....nope it worked!
    Thank you so much!

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I may be a noob here, but I know a few things.
    Rich C.

LOL, I am a total noob to this stuff. I just got this phone yesterday.

Another question, does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to log into facebook? Everytime I try, it says something to the affect that I can't

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    That is one thing that gets me. A lot of times when you go and get a new phone, a lot of the so called "techs" neglect to tell you a lot of the important things you NEED to know about your new phone. Whether its a BB, iphone, Droid, etc. But something as simple as setting up your service, or at least telling the individual how to, should be one of the first things they do. So, good job pkable! Doesn't matter if you're new or old, that's what we are all here for! Gotta love this site!

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCalhoun View Post
    LOL, I am a total noob to this stuff. I just got this phone yesterday.

Another question, does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to log into facebook? Everytime I try, it says something to the affect that I can't

Yes we might need to get your service books, should have happened automatically, but we can try to do it from the device, go to the Setup Folder, then Email Setup (it might be on your homescreen also), then sign on (you will need to know your user name and password, which you may have to call your carrier for), then press the BB button (menu) and select Service Books, then select Send Service Books. Follow with a battery pull, this should fix you up.
    Rich C.

kay2104 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also have an 8530 question:

I love the phone, but sometimes when I click a new SMS it won't open. The phone acts as though it's open, but the screen remains on the messages screen (to clarify: I'll receive a new SMS, click to open the message from the messages screen, but nothing happens. However, when I press the back button the SMS is no longer in bold as though I've had the chance to read it).

This doesn't happen all the time. I suppose it's something small that randomly occurs and can be annoying.

Is this a glitch that will hopefully be fixed with a future OS update, or is something up with my phone? Any help would be much appreciated.

RIVERINE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3146A554
    You do have a msg folder, sms and mms folder i get the same thing but i don't think its a glitch.