a friend just got a 8530 and we cant get quick pull to work..does anybody ... BlackBerry Curve forum

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

8530 OS 5.0.0.337 quick pull

Advertisement

a friend just got a 8530 and we cant get quick pull to work..does anybody know which of these programs, quick pull, soft reset, bla , bla work with this BB? and what keys do you push to do a soft reset?

thanks
    camshafter

PIN/ID
    ask
    also any short cuts for this phone would be awesome

thanks again

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    QP doesn't play well with 5.0. You're best bet is to save your cash and use the following key sequence to reboot your device. It does the exact same thing. ALT + SHIFT (Right) + DEL.

PIN/ID
    ask
    do any paid reset apps work at all? and thanks for the responce

PIN/ID
    Ask
    They work, but QP for example can't do a fully automated reset in 5.0 due to some bug. It's discussed in more detail in their forums. Again though, I use the above key sequence daily and it does the same thing. The advantage to the others is that you are able to schedule a reset. Have your device boot say just before you wake up so it's ready to go.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You would think that with all the 5.0 OS devices ans 6.0 on the way, that QP or another developer would make an app that DOES work on 5.0 and up. QP worked great on my 9000 (4.6) but didnt at all on my 9700.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I used it for quite a while, but there was a specific revision to 5.0 that seemed to break it. Then everytime it would get to the dialog box asking if I wanted to reboot now or later, it quit scrolling down to the restart now automatically and I'd have to select it manually. I figured if I was going to have to do that much, I mine as well just use the reset key sequence. I use the automatic security lock on my device too, so the scheduled reboot feature isn't something I can use.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    It was really hit and miss on my 9700. Also, it REALLY slowed down the speed, it was so unresponsive, I deleted it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    ask
    i looked everywhere for a reset app, the only thing i could find is restartme, anybody had any luck with this and doesnt Quicklaunch have it built in? does it work?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yes QL has a reset function built in. Unless you need the scheduler function of something like QuickPull, I would save my money and do the Alt + Shift + Del sequence.