my mother recently lost her vzw 8530. order a replacement but found the other phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

harborrunner no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    312423dd

8530 keeps rebooting when plugged into computer

Advertisement

my mother recently lost her vzw 8530. order a replacement but found the other phone the same day the new one came. decided to take the new one anyway

i backed up the the old phone to safe contacts etc. and activated the new phone. I plugged the new 8530 in my computer (running windows xp with newest version of DM) and as soon as i plug the data cable in i get the black screen and the red light. the loading clock appears but when the phone is about to load the BB screen with the loading bar BAM! it resets again...and again... and again.

Any Ideas. you can contact me on my 8330 at 312423dd.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If you reported your mother's device as stolen, I'm assuming VZW would blacklist it making it unusable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

That and by keeping the secondary device you are committing insurance fraud.

PIN/ID
    312423dd
    not stolen. and im not keeping the other device. ive already called and we are sending it back. im very aware of how things work with asurion as ive been a blackberry user for 6 years now. my problem is a technical issue and the device I am using is not blacklisted. it is brand new; right out of the box. the phone makes calls, BBMs, browses the Internet and works properly. it is not connecting with my computer therefore I am not able to update my OS, use BBSAK or any other of the desktop programs that make having a BB worthwhile.

Any help would be appriciated. thanks

I misunderstood then based on the following statement:

Quote Originally Posted by harborrunner View Post
    decided to take the new one anyway
    Which device are you having the issue with? Sounds to me like you're trying to transfer your data from your 8330 to the new 8530 insurance replacement.

PIN/ID
    312423dd
    I just reread that. Poorly written on my part. The new device

Okay, maybe I'm confused here.

Your mother's 8530 was reported as lost and you received an insurance replacement that you're going to keep. What device are you sending back to VZW?

PIN/ID
    312423dd
    the old device.

I have her backup file on my computer but the new phone is not connecting to my computer or any computer for that matter bc it keeps reseting and never loading up.

Have you tried a different USB cable?

PIN/ID
    312423dd
    different USB cable, different ports on the same computer. different ports on a different computer. all of that.

I think somebody's trying to tell you to keep the old device and send the insurance replacement back.