So i picked up an 8520 brand new the other day. I have low coverage ... BlackBerry Curve forum

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

8520 Wifi Connection Issues while browsing

Advertisement

So i picked up an 8520 brand new the other day. I have low coverage in my area so i tend to use WIFI at home alot. never had an issue when i was using my iphone 3G.

The Problem: I successfully connect to wifi. I can use the BB App world and dl items over wifi, but when i surf on the browser or the ATT store, it will connect and show im still on wifi, but switch over to the network (EDGE). Has anyone else had this same issue?

Ive went into all the settings and made WIFI preferred to try to knock down on the handling of Wifi and Network transfer.

All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    you need to change your browser from iternet to hot spot browser. when browser is open go to options, browser configuration. where it says internet browser click on it and select hot spot browser.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

Question

That worked! Thanks. I though each settings tab in there was just a simplified view, had no clue that which ever tab was selected of settings were the "Active" browser settings.

Thanks again!

- Admin/Moderator, please close this thread.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900