Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by vinmontRD Also: much as I want to see this, Krad is right: ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 83 series memory leaks all around

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    Also: much as I want to see this, Krad is right: if someone here is part of a beta test, we can be sure that this is supposed to be confidential.
    you guys seem so desperate for the latest information, yet so reluctant to believe....

if N8 says it, its normally gold

and to edit my original statement, my email logs were never affected. just my call and sms logs and not sure about 'official' memory on either device, as i never check that either.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    I had issues with it on the pearl. I remember it. That was my first experience with it.
    As did I. T-mo CS told me to delete the language packs and that solved it
    dj flyy

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    you guys seem so desperate for the latest information, yet so reluctant to believe....
    This is just one of those charming inconsistencies I display! Sure - I love the latest inside info and dirt. Also spent many episodes of my life on the other side of the table, trusting beta testers to keep their mouths shut. Having a split personality helps with this: half of me wants to know, the other half wants the beta testers to be good peops.

Not challenging...just relaying my experience. Could also be that I wasn't paying close enough attention...just normally would have noticed something like this...

and to edit my original statement, my email logs were never affected. just my call and sms logs and not sure about 'official' memory on either device, as i never check that either.
    I wasn't doing much SMS then, and really didn't pay much attention to call logs. So I imagine it's possible that call and SMS logs could have been compromised then, and I wouldn't have noticed...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Maybe I should re-phrase the original post that reads all the 83 series devices have memory leaks, as that reads a little confusing, so hopefully it will clear it up if I word it as "all of the 83 series have confirmed reported memory leaks". Pretty much meaning that not EVERY 83 device has a memory a leak, however, every model of the 83 series has documented cases of memory leaks in large numbers. Large enough for RIM to have noticed and open up cases. It could be with certain production series batches, certain operating systems, location production, internal pieces, etc, as I haven't heard of a common across the board factor of those involved as of yet. There have been instances of devices being idle with no 3rd party applications, that after being idle for several hours on end, they are at 0 bytes free memory. Once the device is rebooted, the free memory is back up to the normal of what it should be.

So my mistake if that was worded incorrectly or was confusing leading to the assumption that it was effecting every 83xx that was bought off of the shelf.

As far as NDA's, I am more than aware of th, as certain thigs I do every day always give me a reminder of what is under NDA, and what cannot be discussed. NDA's and who they pertain to and in what sense. For example, I know of many NDA's that have the verbage that the products/applications cannot be discussed in the media or any public forum (with website forums such as pinstack even clearly stated as a no-no). However, if someone was not the one under the NDA and obtained a copy by one who was, then technically they aren't in direct violation of breaking an NDA. Not saying that is right by any means, but without people like that, then no information about any product would EVER have any public knowledge until it was officially released. That being said though, anyone who does come in posession of such above mentioned products, would be stupid (for a lack of better terms) to make that publically available as they would not only then be breaking numerous international trade and technology laws, however they would also be putting their source at risk as well, as they were the one who initially violated the agreement.

Don't know if any of that makes sense, and probably said a little more than I should of.

*also, forgive anything that doesn't make sense and spelling errors as I was driving as I weote most of this.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

@N8DBB - thanks for taking the time to clarify....

PIN/ID

Friends don't let friends BB and drive

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

**gasp** N8 now we are all worried about your safety
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I beg you...Please do not put me in the same color category as that horrendous colored device that was recently launched on one US carrier.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Hey, it's safer than trying to use a touch-screen device while driving!

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

oh good lawd....i had major leaks in my T-Mo 8320 running 4.2.2.171, at times it wouls say i had 0 Bytes free. It was ridiculous i was constantly losing all my MMS/SMS and phone logs.

So i went to the store and they replaced it with no problem, so far i havent had any problems *crossing fingers.
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Maybe I should re-phrase the original post that reads all the 83 series devices have memory leaks, as that reads a little confusing, so hopefully it will clear it up if I word it as "all of the 83 series have confirmed reported memory leaks". Pretty much meaning that not EVERY 83 device has a memory a leak, however, every model of the 83 series has documented cases of memory leaks in large numbers. Large enough for RIM to have noticed and open up cases. It could be with certain production series batches, certain operating systems, location production, internal pieces, etc, as I haven't heard of a common across the board factor of those involved as of yet. There have been instances of devices being idle with no 3rd party applications, that after being idle for several hours on end, they are at 0 bytes free memory. Once the device is rebooted, the free memory is back up to the normal of what it should be.

So my mistake if that was worded incorrectly or was confusing leading to the assumption that it was effecting every 83xx that was bought off of the shelf.

As far as NDA's, I am more than aware of th, as certain thigs I do every day always give me a reminder of what is under NDA, and what cannot be discussed. NDA's and who they pertain to and in what sense. For example, I know of many NDA's that have the verbage that the products/applications cannot be discussed in the media or any public forum (with website forums such as pinstack even clearly stated as a no-no). However, if someone was not the one under the NDA and obtained a copy by one who was, then technically they aren't in direct violation of breaking an NDA. Not saying that is right by any means, but without people like that, then no information about any product would EVER have any public knowledge until it was officially released. That being said though, anyone who does come in posession of such above mentioned products, would be stupid (for a lack of better terms) to make that publically available as they would not only then be breaking numerous international trade and technology laws, however they would also be putting their source at risk as well, as they were the one who initially violated the agreement.

Don't know if any of that makes sense, and probably said a little more than I should of.

*also, forgive anything that doesn't make sense and spelling errors as I was driving as I weote most of this.
    Thats some writing while driving.....
    BB8900 is mine!

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

according to jibi, the 8320 will go to 4.3.1 not 4.3.0... Jibi is the man, i trust his info. He said q4 or early q1 of 08

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Who is jibi?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Who is jibi?
    Better question is, where did the 4.3.0 come from?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Who is jibi?
    Jibi is a writer over at BGR.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/author/jibi/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast