My daughters 8330 from Altel will not charge if she has been talking on it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shoppergirl no está en línea Stack level 1

8330 won't charge after talking....

Advertisement

My daughters 8330 from Altel will not charge if she has been talking on it for a while and the phone is warm. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on fixes?

Her unit was wiped cleaned in August and she has not added any programs or ringtones ,etc since then. The phone was doing it then but it was wiped for an address bk issue which we thought we had resolved. However, this problem w/ charging when warm is still an issue as well as the address bk error message.

She is also unable to send SMS msg from within the message screen. In other words when she does rt click in msg screen and clicks SMS text, nothing happens. Any ideas on this? We are on Alltel and she got this phone in May. I'm thinking it is problems with the phone itself as she as friends with same phone and none of these probs

She is running 4.3 OS on Alltel

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    do a battery pull. Also as far as charging. Are you charging it while the phone is powered off or on? If on, do you see the charging symbol next to the battery meter? If not, then it could be the usb jack, or the charger. If Powered off, and the light isnt blinking white, then you might be plugging it up when it is powering down. This happens to me and i either have it plugged before i power it down, or i plug it up after its turned off. Not between, because it never charges..

Thanks Charlie. She has done a battery pull on several occasions on my suggestion but that has not done the trick. And as I said, the rep at Alltel wiped it clean back in August with no luck.

We will check the USB and charger. She is charging while the phone is on, mostly because the battery begins to die when she is talking. We have tried her turning the phone off for about 30 seconds to a minute and turning back on because the Alltel reps have told us that this is the time that many updates are loaded to their phones. However, this has not seemed to make any difference.

I cannot figure out if there is a 4.5 OS update for our carrier, have not found any info on this. I see one on BB forurms but it is for USCC phones, so do not know that it would work for her. I know many times these updates take care of some of these problems.

We are beginning to think her phone just has glitches because she did get one of the first ones Alltel got in because she got her phone within a day or two of their release to Alltel. And in the past many times people who have gotten the first shipments on new phones have experienced more problems. But I figure if we take her 4 month old phone in they will only want to give her a refurbed one even though it is under warranty and shouldn't have so many problems so early. As I had said previously, this is not the only problem this phone has.

She has friends with Curve through Alltel and they have no issues with theirs.

Again thanks for suggestions, we will try them before going to Alltel.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i would get a replacement from alltel.it's probably still under warranty.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Well if the warranty is 1 year, it is definitely still under warranty. She got the phone 5/9/08. And we did have it in on 8/11 expressing problems and the rep did some things including wipiing it clean, hoping this would get rid of any problems. However, it has only been a temp fix. I am just afraid that rep did not document our visit, so it may not show up on Alltel's files that we were in with a complaint in August.

And like I said she has not added anything like ringtones, etc since the wipe.

However, our son has a Moto Q that is not a year old and has major problems and he was told that he would have to take a refurbed phone even though it is still under the Motorola warranty and we have ins on his phone.

I know his phone is 10 mos old but still if it is under warranty and has ins, he should get a new phone but Alltel doesn't see it that way.

Now that we are having to go under Verizon because of the impending merger/buyout, not sure how we will fair with their customer service. Alltel's is pretty good overall but have heard horror stories about VZW. So guess we have to do what we can to resolve this problem before we are under VZW and may have no options.

Thanks for input.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Well you should be eligible for a replacement. Call and inquire..

We're going to a store about 30 mins away from us because our store definitely is in a different dimension. They always do things completely opposite from any of the other stores close to us. We have even been told by one of the Alltel reps in this store 30 mins away that they always dislike coming to our store because they do things so different. I am not sure how they do that since there are policies in place but apparently they do their own thing.

Anyway we are going to check with this other store that we have been to before when we had problems with our local store not being helpful. Our store has told us that we were not eligible for an upgrade, when we knew we were, but we go to this other store and no problem with an upgrade...even on the same day. So our store has issues.

Thanks.