I got a new blackberry curve 8330 I had a Pearl 8130 so I backed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

coca_74 no está en línea Stack level 2

8330 very slow after restoring back up from 8130

Advertisement

I got a new blackberry curve 8330 I had a Pearl 8130 so I backed up my 8130 and didn't get the chance to restore all the data on my Curve until about a week later. My curve worked amazingly well when new, with just having synchronized all my contacts etc that I always synchronize with Outlook. I finally restored my back up from my old Pearl, and my Curve has slowed down so much, and I get the hourglass all the time........everything freezes....any ideas what I did to it? was I not supposed to restore a back up from my Pearl?
    Maria

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Need to do a switch devices in DESKTOP MANAGER. I don't think you can do backup cross different series bbs without problems
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Oh no, I asked the girl at the store, she said, i don't see why not :-(
    I didn't do a switch devices either....oops
    Should i wipe the handheld & start over?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You can do wipe in the device going to options, security options, general options, click the menu key and select wipe device, include third aprty apps, this will delete all the info in your device without the need to reload the os.

Thank you for all your hep! I can't do the switch device because I don't have my pearl anymore, but now that I know, I will do that with my next device...whenever that MAY be ;-)
    I am right now, wiping my Curve and will just sync with my outlook and see if that works for all my contacts etc, and that way my device works better.
    THANKS ALOT!!!
    Maria