Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by BabyBrwneyez Yes Im Limited Also...well With Verizon Iam..when I Had Sprint There ... BlackBerry Curve forum

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBrwneyez View Post
    Yes Im Limited Also...well With Verizon Iam..when I Had Sprint There Was No Limit To My Texting...i Could Type Storybooks And It Would Send Maybe 8 Pages To My Friend...lol..hell With A 160 Cap Im So Limited...i Hate Being Limited When I Pay For Unlimited...lol Sound Like Im Being Ripped Off..paying $149 A Month To Be Capped At 160...lmao...damn Verizon!!!
    Everyone is limited to 160. It is not a Verizon thing, it is the type of service (SMS: Short Message Service). It is limited by the amount of data it can carry. 160, 7 bit characters is the max.
    Being able to send "pages" as you stated with Sprint is because the Sprint phone would break up the message into multiple 160 character messages so that the people receiving them were sent, and charged for, more than one message. The BlackBerry does not do that.

BabyBrwneyez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Everyone is limited to 160. It is not a Verizon thing, it is the type of service (SMS: Short Message Service). It is limited by the amount of data it can carry. 160, 7 bit characters is the max.
    Being able to send "pages" as you stated with Sprint is because the Sprint phone would break up the message into multiple 160 character messages so that the people receiving them were sent, and charged for, more than one message. The BlackBerry does not do that.
    SORRY I MEANT T-MOBILE..I NEVER HAD A BERRY WITH SPRINT...I JUST READ THAT...

Same thing, the point I am trying to make is that there is no need to bash the vendor for something that is technology related and not vendor related.

Now, if Verizon limited your email ability to 160 characters, or even say limited the length in any way other than total mb size, I would understand and probably complain about it just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Same thing, the point I am trying to make is that there is no need to bash the vendor for something that is technology related and not vendor related.

Now, if Verizon limited your email ability to 160 characters, or even say limited the length in any way other than total mb size, I would understand and probably complain about it just as much.

OH IM NOT BASHING, I JUST MISS THE FACT THAT I WAS ABLE TO TYPE AND TYPE WITH OUT HAVING TO CREATE A NEW SMS (WITH TMOBILE) WITH VERIZON I DONT CARE..JUST HAVE TO KEEP CREATING A NEW MESSAGE EVERY 160 CHARS. JUST AS A TEXT JUNKIE IM NOT LOOKIN TO STOP AND CREATE..LOL..SO IT WAS KIND OF A HA HA..LOL

Understood...

BUT DO YOU HAVE TO YELL AT ME?

LOL

Lol Sorry..its A Habit To Cap.. All Love Here

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBrwneyez View Post
    Lol Sorry..its A Habit To Cap.. All Love Here
    BabyBrwneyez, Please "lose" the habit to post in all caps in Pinstack. Please review the following from the Pinstack Rules:

ALL CAPS abuse - Do not post new threads or replies in all caps. Use caps to stress areas within the body of your post but all caps should NOT be used for thread titles. The Moderation Team will delete such threads or posts.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rackmfool no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mserica513 View Post
    TEP?

MMS is very nice to have but when you really think about it (at least in my case) I have everyone's email add that I send mms to anyway and I just send it there. my number 1 concern for getting MMS was solely the amount of pics/video that I send my husband on a regular basis, but he got a curve 1 week after I did so we just use mssgr, its faster anyway.
    So can I assume that I can BB Messenger someone a Video or Pic? Did not know that, thanks. =)

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Yes you can. Also if you have friends on yahoo messenger, or maybe even AIM, you can send files to them too. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    u know what though, if lets say a customer has only 200 txt messages.. and a carrier like t-mo and vzw allow u to type the messages in continuous screens if u exceed the 160 characters.. wouldnt that benefit the carrier... a person writes 50 of those 1 too many letter messages bam they go over their sms allowed messages more$$$ for the company..
    is that an act of kindness from sprint saying keep it short and simple and 1 at a time will help u remember how many txt u send?? lol i was just gettin carried away with that lol sorry
    Last edited by Smurf2598; 09-24-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: grammar error
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

alan312 no está en línea Stack level 1
    When a friend sent me an MMS msg I could receive it but not send an MMS back to her. I called Sprint and asked why I could not do this since the Curve 8330 is SMS/MMS capable and I was told it was not an option with Sprint. About 10 minutes later I received an email from the tech with a workaround to sending MMS. Here's how:

Replace the info before the @ sign with the recipient info on these carriers.

Nextel ? 10digitphonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

Boost ? 10phonenumber@myboostmobile.com

SunCom ? SunCom number@tms.suncom.com

T-Mobile ? 1+10digitnumber@tmomail.net

US Cellular ? 10digitnumber@mms.uscc.net

Verizon ? 10digitnumber@vzwpix.com

Alltel ? 10digitnumber@alltel.net

AT&T? 1+10digitnumber@MMS.att.net

Cricket ? 10digitnumber@mms.mycricket.com

Sprint ? 10digitnumber@pm.sprint.com

I tried it with Verizon & ATT and it seemed to work.

SassySweet no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you are going BB to BB use pin message they are not limited
    Thanks
    Sassy

mzsteph no está en línea Stack level 2
    What if I have a long text (sms) can I still send as a mms if the other person doesn't have mms messaging?

Quote Originally Posted by mzsteph View Post
    What if I have a long text (sms) can I still send as a mms if the other person doesn't have mms messaging?
    Yes you can still send it, they just won't get it since they don't have MMS. Break your message up and send as multiple sms.

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    Which SUCKS!!! Why doesn't SPRINT have mms!

Somebody call Mr. Hess!!!
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123