Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Not that I know of.... BlackBerry Curve forum

Blade69 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Not that I know of.
    Last edited by Blade69; 08-06-2008 at 06:27 PM.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    can a verizon customer advise if the 8330 on your network allows the tv service through vz and if you get gps. I read somewhere that you dont. Yes Blade the rep LIED lol. they dont know what to say half the time. But I dont think Sprint is screwing you. Well from your post it doesnt seem like that. But I can tell you with verizon they do have excellent coverage and excellent customer service. (from what I experienced) I just prefer Sprints plan because it saves me about 80 bucks per month than what I would pay at vz to have the same thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    First of all what is TEP?

Also I started the thread to see if we can figure out how to take off the character limit on the curve 8330 for sprint? does anyone know if this is possible? possibly update to the registry? THanks!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by qbangringo View Post
    First of all what is TEP?

Also I started the thread to see if we can figure out how to take off the character limit on the curve 8330 for sprint? does anyone know if this is possible? possibly update to the registry? THanks!
    Our apologies to the OP from the mod staff for allowing this to get out of hand.

*Notice to above posters, thread hijack over. If you do not have an answer please do not post. If you want to rant about Sprint, please start a thread in the Sprint forum.

qbangringo;
    To answer your questions. No, you cannot lengthen the character limit in sms messages. It is limited to 160 by the nature of the technology; hence the name "short message service".
    Some other phone and smart phone makers have apps that auto divide a message of more than 160 characters into more than one sms message. But each message is still only 160 characters.
    Please see this Wiki article for more info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_message_service

rayrod354 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the 8330 from Sprint and I have both ( MMS and SMS )... You have to go into the settings and you'll have both icons on the screen.

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    wow i am learning sooo much about my phone from this sweet website...
    wish i had something nrw to teach ere one

DTM Derek no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is a really stupid handicap to put on such a good phone. My e815 can with the 160 limit but with it you could remove it via a seem edit if I'm not mistaken. There may be something similar for this phone. I don't like using mms for some reason. Also, I know some people with env phones and theirs aren't crippled like this.someone needs to find the edit to fix this one way or another. I would do it if i were more knowledgeable about editing seems other than following someone else's instructions.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrod354 View Post
    I have the 8330 from Sprint and I have both ( MMS and SMS )... You have to go into the settings and you'll have both icons on the screen.
    You cannot have mms and sms with sprint having an 8330, unless they have different services per location. I have an 8330 also, and i know for sure that mms isnt even mentioned on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM Derek View Post
    This is a really stupid handicap to put on such a good phone. My e815 can with the 160 limit but with it you could remove it via a seem edit if I'm not mistaken. There may be something similar for this phone. I don't like using mms for some reason. Also, I know some people with env phones and theirs aren't crippled like this.someone needs to find the edit to fix this one way or another. I would do it if i were more knowledgeable about editing seems other than following someone else's instructions.
    You must also consider that for sending texts, theyre supposed to meant to be quick messages. 160 is a lil too much for me. If its that long (more than 160) for me to read, put it in an email, or give me a call. I dont want to have to read a phone screen and scroll down for a simple text..

karnage209 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can't MMS in any location on Sprint because they did not push out the service books for it yet. You can have the MMS icon but you can't MMS yet. TEP is total equipment protection plan.

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

160 char.limit, on sms one of the reason I love to PIN message other BB users. No si2 limit!

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    ....But of course, users of other devices must deal with the 160 char limit.

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    See my post here as to why you have a 160 character limit.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...7&postcount=18

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Damn!! I had no idea you write as much as you wanted in a MMS!! Pinstack's the shizznizzle!! Thanks whoever said that..
    *LiViN tHe DrEaM* - with my new Bold !!

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Thanks everyone for this great info!! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BabyBrwneyez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes Im Limited Also...well With Verizon Iam..when I Had Sprint There Was No Limit To My Texting...i Could Type Storybooks And It Would Send Maybe 8 Pages To My Friend...lol..hell With A 160 Cap Im So Limited...i Hate Being Limited When I Pay For Unlimited...lol Sound Like Im Being Ripped Off..paying $149 A Month To Be Capped At 160...lmao...damn Verizon!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast