Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good....I was hoping you wouldn't ignore it's desperate cries for help lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... BlackBerry Curve forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Good....I was hoping you wouldn't ignore it's desperate cries for help lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MsTiff no está en línea Stack level 1
    That happened to my 1st 8330. It would turn off and on over 6 times a day and if I even slighty dropped the phone, on a bed, carpet or whatever it would turn off. I tried everything from taking the battery out to wiping the phone & nothing worked. The rep at sprint told me it was a problem with whatever software was in the phone & blackberry hadn't released the software for the 8330 b/c the phone was so new. Blackberry only has the 8320 software released. So I was told nothing could be done and to just return the one. My new 8330 doesn't have the problem at all. I suggest you return & replace the phone.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really think that your problem lies with the Aerize card loader. I had the program on my 8830 and it would cause my phone to reset for no apparent reason. After reading other posts about the card reader I decided to tak the program off my phone and didn't have another resetting problem after that. Try removing the Aerize program at let us know what happens.

queenBB no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've had this problem with all of my BB devices at some point or another. The resetting is also very sporadic. It won't reset for weeks, then starts to reset multiple times a day, then stops in a week or two. Very frustrating!

I don't use a lot of applications, but will check that next time mine starts to act up. Of course when you take it in to get serviced, they have no idea what causes it. They just reset the phone, which doesn't help. Glad to hear it might be an application.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    memory card
    Last edited by VETT98; 07-20-2008 at 09:06 AM.
    Mike

Abercrombie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    Quote Originally Posted by JR_Rider View Post
    I really think that your problem lies with the Aerize card loader. I had the program on my 8830 and it would cause my phone to reset for no apparent reason. After reading other posts about the card reader I decided to tak the program off my phone and didn't have another resetting problem after that. Try removing the Aerize program at let us know what happens.
    ok ill give this a try too, because this is the first app i load, thx
    Sprint Curve red♥ & AT&T Bold
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter

Raychem no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just to give you a heads up and to add a bit of information. My brother in law has the same 8330 with sprint and was also experiencing the self restart. Turned out to be the 1gb memory card that came with the phone. I removed it and low and behold...no more restarts. Make sure the memory card is good on your phone too.

Richard

T3UF no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3026ED6E
    i had the same problem when i upgraded from the 8100 to my 8330, i found if i reformated the mem. card and use the default folders for my stuff i had no problem, i ran into a problem when i kept using the diff folders i made on the 8100 because i would just copy everything off the card reformat and put everything back on as is, until the last time i reformated then put everything in the 8330 defaut folders and i havent had a reboot problem. yet

PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    ok thx for the input guys, i reformatted my memory card, wiped the deivce, and reloading the OS now
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter

jeff2jay no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~are you loading 4.5 os?

PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    yah i decided i might as well sice i had to wipe and reformatmy SD card anyways, why not?
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~let me know how hard it was to do. Maybe I will upgrade.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    4.5 is not offical yet for sprint or verizon still beta alot of stuff does not work !!!
    Mike

PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    not hard at all, but VETT is right, you could screw up your phone so do it at risk, i had 4.5 on my other 8330 too, downgraded it before i returned it back to sprint though, everything is running well so far, and no resetting of the phone yet, which is my main concern, so im happy about that
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter

How did you back up all your 3rd party apps?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12