I know that the display is light sensitive. Does the 8330 KB have a similar ... BlackBerry Curve forum

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2

8330 Keyboard Stops Being Illuminated

Advertisement

I know that the display is light sensitive. Does the 8330 KB have a similar feature? My KB lighting goes on & off occasionally. I think it's broken, but I thought I'd confirm before returning it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    It adjusts to the lighting but you can turn it off so it doesn't.goto options/scroll to screen keyboard/then scroll to auto dimming and just turn it off.That's what I did to mine.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    If that doesn't solve your delema then you can check the time out in that same place to see if it's set too short a time.

Thanks. I just did a few tests. It appears to me that the KB is always the same brightness, whereas the screen varies based on the ambient light. When the screen lighting turns off, so does the KB. Is the KB lighting able to turn on & off independently? One night when I was in the dark, the screen was lit, but I couldn't read th KB?

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    good question that happened to me recently. checked out the screen keybord options and i didnt see anything that would change

micp1480 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here is your answer to the keyboard lighting issue. Go to options - Screen/Keyboard -
    Back light Timeout. If you set the number to less it will light the keyboard that much sooner when in darkness. Setting it to a high number you will be sitting and waiting. Try it out and let me now.

MICP1480

I used what you've all told me, (don't tell anybody) I reread the Help text, and did some more testing. Here's what I learned:

1. The screen and KB backlights work independently. 2. The light sensor is in the vicinity of the LED and may be the LED itself.
    3. There are 3 possible screen/KB backlight combinations: on/on; on/off; off/off. The KB can't be lit by itself.
    4. In bright conditions the screen & KB light together at full brightness.
    5. In dark conditions they light together at a lesser brightness, if auto dim is on.
    6. In medium light the screen will light, but not KB.
    7. In medium light conditions, if the brightness changes near the LED, the KB backlight will light. The screen brightness will simultaneously increase if the ambient light increases or will decrease if the ambient light decreases.
    8. The KB backlight brightness also varies, just like the screen.
    9. The backlight timeout value controls how long the backlight will remain on after the last key was pressed or other event occurred that caused the backlight to change state (e.g. TeleNav instruction is announced.)

I now know more than I ever wanted about backlights, but I'm confident my BlackBerry isn't broken.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Ok con how often did you fall asleep researching that info. Great job this will come in handy thank you

You're welcome. I did it while making dinner. It was either doing this or watching a pot of water trying to boil. Both are equally exciting. Lol

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    LMAO funny stuff there oconnke1