Anyone know if I can change my sms screen background color or change the sms ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sloancanfield no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31cb99c4

8330 curve sms questions

Advertisement

Anyone know if I can change my sms screen background color or change the sms to where it has pop up type things kind of like the iphone??? If you know a link for this please let me know.... Thanks

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Unfortunately, there is no native way to do this on the BB. I'm not sure about the background color. That might be theme controlled, but I really don't think it is.

Now... if you want bubbles for your AIM, ICQ or other IM client, JiveTalk will do this. But it doesn't work for SMS.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

MichaelCW no está en línea Stack level 2
    All of the above is theme controlled

There are also iberry themes kicking around everywhere using iphone icons, backgrounds and general look.

However I might sugguest if your really into the iphone maybe buying an iphone would be a better way to do it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

AJKinthaD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319F58ED
    there is also an option to add colored "outlines" within all messaging screens without changing the "theme". you can do seperate colors for "enterprise messages"(corporate email) and "other messages"(pop or imap email and messaging). i think this option changed from the 4.5 update. i think the option used to be "stripes", which is weird to me. the option is kinda weak either way tho. but its a stock option nontheless. the path to make this change is ...

>Options >Security Options >General Settings >4th section down is "Messaging Outline Colours"

Maybe someone will enjoy this =D By the way, Im new to this forum (waves) I will try and contribute info where I can.

Andy

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    AJKinthaD,

The option you speak of does not show up on my 8310 running OS 4.5. I wonder if perhaps this is a BES only option? This would allow people to then determine if the message was corporate or not?

Just an idea! And welcome to PinStack!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

JIG116 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3060d9c1
    What about sending long texts? I just got my verizon curve and it limits me to one text at a time!?!?!?!? My tmo curve would let me type away!

MossyOak no está en línea Stack level 1
    Jig116 I have the same problem I was with cincinnati bell and I could type away as much as I wanted and it never cut off just recently actually dec 21st I switched to verizon and have noticed that I can only type so much in an sms before it cuts me off and I have to start a new message. Does anybody have a solution or an answer on why that would be?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The text limit is 160 characters the only way around this is to use MMS and then you can type alot more characters I just don't remember how many off hand.

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    160 letters is the max for a regular sms, if you want to send more than that in one shot use mms. sms is limited to 160 on verizon and alot of carriers
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCW View Post
    All of the above is theme controlled

There are also iberry themes kicking around everywhere using iphone icons, backgrounds and general look.

However I might sugguest if your really into the iphone maybe buying an iphone would be a better way to do it.

Ouch!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

dahvid no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah, verizon and sprint limit texts to 160 unfortunately. t mobile will let you type all you want then it will automatically split it into however mant sms it need to

GrandMasterB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its not Verizons 160 character limit, its the BlackBerry itself that is limited to 160 characters on Verizon. I have a whole shoebox full of old Verizon "dumb" phones that can exceed the 160 character limit by 7 pages.....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

graphton no está en línea Stack level 1
    I do not think its a blackberry limitation, I had the Pearl with T-mobile, and I could type up to 6 messages at one time, and it did break them up. Since moving to Verizon and getting the Curve I am now limited to a 160 character message, now it could be a limitation of the Curve itself, that i do not know, but the pearl did not have this issue. And I agree it is a total pain in the butt.