You have probably ALL heard about some BBs not retrieving MMS picture of video messages. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

FictionWeLive no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM me

8330 Curve MMS Problem

Advertisement

You have probably ALL heard about some BBs not retrieving MMS picture of video messages. Well, Here's my story...

I had a Pearl 8130. I called my provider (Verizon) because I couldn't retrieve picture messages. Always said "Not retrieved yet", then I'd click retrieve now, it'd pop up saying retrieving now, and close immediately. Tried battery pulls, re-registering with the network... You name it, I probably tried it. So like i said, i called Verizon. They took 3 days "investigating" the issue to come back and say, your phones broke. Woot! *morons*. So i gave them a hard time, cause its a real pain to get new keys for all my apps n what not. So they agreed to upgrade me to a brand new Curve 8330 for my troubles. Well, I got my shiny new Curve today, and guess what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! MMS still dont work...

So... I have search high and low, and tried all i have found to fix this problem. Nothing seems to work, Does anyone else know? Perhaps something to have Verizon look into? something they normally wouldn't check? Or a weird setting? Bad app, that causes problems? Anything? I'll try anything. I love the BBs, but i need my picture messaging. Hope someone can help. Thanks for reading my life story *Boring*

I use JiveTalk and am always on, please message me on MSN or AIM if you have a fix... Both screen names are my email "thetimeimperfect@gmail.com". Thanks!

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Did you check with vzw to see if you have the pix and flix option? For mms? I know they have forgotten this for me before.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

FictionWeLive no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM me
    its on my account. I've had 4 total support tickets for this, they continue to swear left and right that all is setup correctly on their end. Could a 3rd party app be doing this?

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Maybe? That can be possible...I wouldn't know for sure tho.
    Try doing a wipe of everything...and reloading your apps...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I know my pix messaging works, receiving at least. I DO NOT have jivetalk. :/ I do not have any extra messaging apps. I do have viigo, vlingo, opera, facebook(unistalled but it worked fine when it was installed) gmail, google maps, gcal syn, some games, few themes. So those apps are not the culprits, if that helps. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Also do a wipe, then test pix message. Then add one app and repeat. Slow process but if it figures outwhether it is app related and/or the culprit then cool~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Oh yea and I got BB about 2 weeks ago, so latest software. (4.3 I mean)~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vmiyoshi no está en línea Stack level 1
    I personal have had a pearl, and now I own a curve both on verizon, and I haven't had any MMS problems.
    I use yahoo messenger, jive talk, Google maps, and minioprea.
    Now I have heard of alot of people having mms problems on their pearls and curves with vzw.

Here are some troubleshooting steps.
    First, you need to confirm you have an mms feature on your account (more important Tech support needs to confirm your provisioned on the the MMS server platform)

Second, check your MMS, and firewall settings under options. Also one thing poeple don't know is if your on a BES server, the BES admin has the right to block MMS from your device. If you have IT policies on your device, that could be your problem.

Third, MMS service books: delete the MMS Transport, MMS Client, and WAP Push (SMS). Turn the device off, pull the battary for 30 seconds, confirm the books are back on your blackberry then try MMS agian.

The Third step normally does the trick, if it doesn't wipe. sometimes after you wipe you have to do the whole delete service books agian.

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    Iwish I had a mms program I so hate sprint for this bull sh*t

Blade69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkChic View Post
    Iwish I had a mms program I so hate sprint for this bull sh*t

I am on that train with you :cry:

jrcassis no está en línea Stack level 1

Sprint MMs

i was told bt a former Sprint curve owner that worked for Sprint that there was a way to still send mms pics and vids....Anyone have any ideas???I have the Sprint 8330 and was not told about this at time of purchase

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    what you should do is have them take off the feature and put it back on again. thats a common problem with every carrier. if it pushed you off the network then it needs to be "updated"
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    I have a 8330 vzw curve for 3 weeks and have had no problems sending pics to mobile #s or emails using MMS. Have you tried using Compose email and add a mobile number as to: ??