I found a need to use Voice Recorder this afternoon, so I made two short ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Nickster248 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3022EE7A

Question 8330 Cannot Play AMR Format Voice Messages?

Advertisement

I found a need to use Voice Recorder this afternoon, so I made two short recordings, but when I wanted to play them back on my BB 8330, it claimed that the recordings were in a format that was not supported. I decided to email them to myself, but to my surprise, the AMR format is not recognized on my Laptop either.

Anyone else running into this problem? What will play AMR type files?
    PIN: 3022EE7A

~~~Nick Andriash~~
    Courtenay, B.C. Canada

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I have an audio converter. So I convert to mp3 or wav files and send them via bluetooth usb or email. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nickster248 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3022EE7A
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    I have an audio converter. So I convert to mp3 or wav files and send them via bluetooth usb or email. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried again to make a voice recording, and this time it worked perfectly, and I was able to play it back, so something must have happened with my first attempt, but I do not know what.

I had originally bought VR+ for voice recordings, but they have changed the way they do things there, and now require access to your phone and will automatically send your voice recordings to some server somewhere, and you have to pay data charges. That is what prompted me to look into the built-in VR Program.

Thanks again for your help.
    PIN: 3022EE7A

~~~Nick Andriash~~
    Courtenay, B.C. Canada

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Yeah sometimes all you need to do is try it over again or a battery pull and it'll start working again. I'm glad you got it working though. If it ever stops again or you wanna send it off to someone else you still have my other suggestion above. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~