I just purchased my first BB, an 8330 through sprint. This is a great phone, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jgverinder no está en línea Stack level 1

8330 Bluetooth issue "Remote Device Does Not Support Service"

Advertisement

I just purchased my first BB, an 8330 through sprint. This is a great phone, but I'm unable to figure out the Wireless File Transfer through Bluetooth. I am able make a connection to my BB, but I can transfer a file.

Here are the steps that I'm following:

1. Select File on the XP Desktop
    2. Right click, send bluetooth and search other devices
    3. Wireless File Transfer opens and my device is below
    4. I check the box next to my device and try to send the file
    5. I get an error saying "Remote Device does not support service".

I am able to send the files to other bluetooth enabled phones (different models). I also have a confirmed connection with the phone...

My software version is v4.3.0127 (platform 3.1.0.73)

Any ideas?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Other posters will know better, but I believe there is an option on your 8330 where you will need to actually tell it to receive the file using Bluetooth.

Does your device respond at all when attempting to transfer the file?

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i agree with the previous post.
    sucks that we have to turn on BT, connect with other device, and then tell the bb to receive it...

jgverinder no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Other posters will know better, but I believe there is an option on your 8330 where you will need to actually tell it to receive the file using Bluetooth.

Does your device respond at all when attempting to transfer the file?

I have the PC and the BB paired, so I know they are at least connected. When I attempt the transfer from the PC, I don't receive any notification on the BB. However, I have successfully transered a file from the BB to the PC. Very Strange.

Any idea on what option I should be changing to let the BB recieve a file? I've looked all over.

Thanks

dommyk no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having a similar problem. I sent my address book to my PC using Bluetooth and the entire address book showed up as a Vcard. Now, when I try to sync the VCard onto my new BB, I get the message:

"Remote Device does not support service"

I'm with Verizon wireless...not sure if that has anything to do with it or if it's just that BB cannot accept VCards? Any Ideas?

Thanks!

nihado no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243F2CAA
    i have this same damn problem! , my pearl or at least my laptop will attempt to send the phonebook to my cell but it wont receive it, it says my laptop is paired with my pearl but i get that same error, "Remote device does not support service" i am using a M400 Toshiba Laptop.
    N i H a D

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you guys all using the Microsoft bluetooth stack? RIM has docs floating around that describe the requirements for full use of bluetooth when connecting to a PC. I skimmed this when I wanted to figure out why the bluetooth option in Desktop Manager was grayed out. Seems that the Microsoft stack is the only one they fully support.

I personally decided to skip that option, because I depend on bluetooth on the PC for my logitech keyboard and mouse -- and logitech uses the Widcomm bluetooth stack. As I recall, if I were to switch from Widcomm to Microsoft, I'd lose some of the mouse/keyboard functionality (potentially).

I hate having to choose -- and I might not if the MS stack actually does support the Logitech devices properly -- but I hate to spend the time right now experimenting blindly.

BT would be nice between my Curve and my PC, but I'll have to defer that research project to another time...

- Jon

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    same here, 8330 with toshiba satellite windows vista prem os.. hmm..

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgverinder View Post
    Any idea on what option I should be changing to let the BB recieve a file? I've looked all over.
    After paired and connected try going to Media>Receive Using Bluetooth

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    what kieran said. You need to be in teh media application and in the appropriate section whether its pictures or music or whatever and bring up your menu and there is an option to receive using bluetooth. You need to do this each time you send a file to the blackberry otherwise it will not work.

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Ah! Well that makes sense I'm gonna try that when I'm finished cooking. This is why I love the stacks~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    thanks guys it did work !