Good morning guys. Last night my cousin came to my house to show off his ... BlackBerry Curve forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

8330 and blueapple.mobi

Advertisement

Good morning guys. Last night my cousin came to my house to show off his brand spanking new 8330 from Sprint. I told him "you idiot why didn't you wait for the 8350i?" But that's another story. So I was telling about some of the things I can do with my 8310 and we were comparing stuff you know. Well, I asked him if he could watch youtube; he said that he could however the screen's tiny eve though the fullscreen option was selected. I told him about blueapple.mobi and how I can watch fullscreen videos on it. He tried but he could not view the videos. Very strange; so here comes my question: Why is it that blueapple.mobi won't work on his Sprint 8330? Could it be because the network won't allow it? I did the following. Reset the web browser to default settings; performed a soft reset, battery pull; cleaned cache; powered it down and turned it back on and nothing. He can preview a vid though but cannot watch it to its entirety. I don't know if any of you Sprint 8330 users are also experiencing this issue. If anyone knows a solution to this please let me know so I can advise him. Thanks in advance guys. On another note, you know I've been running 4.2 forever and now that I saw a bb running 4.3 which is if not the same thing as 4.5 which will allow you to run youtube and video record. To tell you the truth, I'm happy with 4.2 and that youtube's tiny screen does not make me wanna wish 4.5 to get here anytime soon for AT&T. That's just me though I know the majority thinks 4.5's the next best thing out there. But from the comparison I did yesterday wth my cousin's bb the only thing that I saw different was besides the housing was that it was video capable. But yeah that youtube tiny screen is a major 4.5 turnoff for me.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    A lot of times with blue apple.mobi I have to save the videos. Before I can play them. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    hmm...that's strange every time I went to that site with my 8310 (at&t) never really had to save the video before being able to play it. I always play and then save though something I don't think you can do with youtube. So the only solution he came up with was to download the video and load it via dm which defeats the purpose of having the ability to watch vids on the go. I hope it's not a 4.5 issue though. If it is I'll be downgrading in no time.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    No need to save and load with desktop manager. Just save it before you play it right to your blackberry. And your right with youtube you cannot save, only stream. Kinda a pain but still effective. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yeah I know I'm just saying that I don't need to save it prior to playing it. I play it first and if I like the quality I'll save it and add it to my vids file . On the other hand, in his case he was telling me maybe I'll just save it to my pc and then load it via DM which as I mentioned defeats the whole purpose of having a bb and being able to watch vids via the bb browser. He tried to save the file onto his bb before playing via bb browser and he got some error stating the file was too large. However when I tried that same file I had no problems loading it. Mind you his phone's brand new; no themes had been installed on it or any 3rd party apps loaded on it yet. Which makes me wonder if it's some limitation Sprint's got on these phones. I don't know I could be wrong.

Adecole no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    303261b4
    hey I just got my 8330 from Sprint yesterday and the same exact thing happens to me. I can only pay previews, I can play youtube though, sometimes that is. And when is the 8350i coming out?
    Keyshia Cole, Will you marry me?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am pretty sure you are experiencing a restriction within the network. As to do I here with my devices on telus. Once I find a video that I would enjoy to watch I select it. Once the menu pops up I select save. At this point another menu pops up and asks me a name to save it under I give it a name and click save. It shows a download status and then completed. Then you can open your media up under videos find your newly downloaded video and enjoy. Its a little more work than click and watch but @ least then we can take advantages of the videos. Regards cHAd. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    I am pretty sure you are experiencing a restriction within the network. As to do I here with my devices on telus. Once I find a video that I would enjoy to watch I select it. Once the menu pops up I select save. At this point another menu pops up and asks me a name to save it under I give it a name and click save. It shows a download status and then completed. Then you can open your media up under videos find your newly downloaded video and enjoy. Its a little more work than click and watch but @ least then we can take advantages of the videos. Regards cHAd. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm certain it is the network too. I sometimes go to this website to get tunes from and it also retricts some of the people I know from tmobile. It's mobiles24.com to get tunes and yeah no go for them. I'm beginning to have last minute thoughts about switching carriers now as I'm seeing all these different restrictions some carriers have. I'm currently with AT&T and to tell you the truth I don't pay for tunes, nor do I pay for GPS. I am wondering if the storm's such a great idea for me to switch carriers. I'm very happy with my curve and to be honest I don't think I'll be that upset if I don't get it now. I hope AT&T gets it so I can enjoy it to the max without being restricted from visiting any site or from using free third party gps apps. Kust my opinion. I think AT&T's a bit more liberal than the other networks out ther right now IMO. We'll see how things turn out. For now, I'm still gonna enjoy my curve