I have a 3g 8330 from vzn. My standard browser is super fast. But opera ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3

8330 3G

Advertisement

I have a 3g 8330 from vzn. My standard browser is super fast. But opera mini is much,much slower. Any clues why?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    not sure but i would delete opera mini and download bolt... http://boltbrowser.com/ alot better than opera mini in my opinion...

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I may have to try bolt again, it absolutely crawled like a snail on my 8310 I deleted it same day

To OP, is this always the case or is it just starting doing it. Are you running anything else in the background ? in options are you running socket or html ?

Lastley clear your cache, do a battery pull and also check your settings for image quality and so on, and are you opening the same site on both browsers?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Just tried bolt again. Slower than opera. Don't like the layout, but thanks for the advice. All my settings are correct for opera. And set to low quality. Cache is clear. History is clear. Its not any slower than usual. Its just that my standard browser is instant. Finds and searches sites extremely fast. But I like the look that opera offers.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    OH quick question, are you on wifi? opera doesnt automatically switch to wifi...

or maybe vzw 3g is really good lol and or maybe the BB server your jacked into is new and your the only one on it
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I might suggest clearing the cache in opera mini.

In opera hit the bblogo key, select help, about and clear the cache.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    He already tried that ealvnv... I cant really think of anything else, unless the apn he is using is slow, I have always had opera on 3 different phones, edge, 3g, and wifi and its always been faster

Rashard! Thanks for the help! No I'm not on wifi. I actually didn't even know I had 3g until used my browser and it was so quick. I called vzn and they confirmed. Its not that opera slowed down its just that in comparison to browser its slow. Should my setting be on "socket" or "http" for best results?

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Socket is the best setting, if your phone allows it, which most blackberries do, it keeps a single direct connection to the opera mini server, instead of loading a new connection everytime you go to a different page.

Think of it as a long tube and you put your hand through it to turn the pages, in socket your hand stays in the tube all the time and flips the pages, in http you hand has to travel down the tube every time you want to turn the page, and it takes longer...

I am thinking that the 3g where I live, completely suxors lol

Thanks rashard! Switched to socket and its much faster. Awesome.