So I finally picked up an 8320 from tmo, connected to my friend's router - ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rich˛˛ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    246E11BE

8320 won't play with Belkin router

Advertisement

So I finally picked up an 8320 from tmo, connected to my friend's router - no problems, but when I went home and connected it to my Belkin router at home, the phone reboot - and continued to reboot until I shut off the router, and was able to remove the connection from the phone, I've played with SSID and security, and, curiously enough, even if I put in a wrong security key, the phone still reboots, everytime it tries to connect to my router.
    I've since used it on 3 other routers (2 Linksys, 1 Netgear) with no problems.
    Has anyone else had a similar problem? Does my BB just not play well with my Belkin router?
    There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I would try a OS upgrade and see if that makes any difference at all.

PIN/ID
    246E11BE
    That's my next step, of course, just won't have a chance to until tomorrow.
    There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Oh man and I just bought a belkin "N" router. Yesterday.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    It is a proven fact that Belkin Routers just don't play nice with UMA. In the WiFi section of the forums it states that the Belkin Routers lack settings to optimize UMA connectivity unlike Linksys which is why I had to give away my Belkin N and got me a Linksys N Router instead. You would think Belkin would fix it with a firmware upgrade but nothing as of yet. Maybe when they realize they are losing customers they might do something. Maybe

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yep. it is a well documented fact that the N routers by Belkin (can't exactly speak for the N1 Vision as that is the only one that I haven't owned) don't work well with the UMA. The older G types are still working when running a thrid party firmware such as DD-WRT. I have had nothing but problems with Belkin routers and the UMA, and used to love them for years prior to obtaining the 8320. Since such time, customer service is not very friendly and after the last fiasco on my advanced exchnage and the fraud they commited, I will never use them again, which is sad as they did make a finie product. I would recommend Either D-Link, Linksys, or if you can find them the high power Buffalo routers.

Look under the wifi section of the board if you want further proof. Belkin really locks down the controls which are probably the reason for the incompatability (such as they don't allow the individual setting adjustments, usually just block of features either on or off).

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Hope it helps.
    Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphones cannot connect to Belkin N Wireless Routers and Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Routers

Doc ID : KB14677
    Last Modified : 2008-01-09
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® smartphone
    • SDR149479

Problem

Wi-Fi® enabled BlackBerry smartphones cannot connect to Belkin® N Wireless Routers (Model: F5D8233-4) and Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Routers (Model: F5D8232-4). The Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone shuts down and restarts repeatedly when attempting to connect to the Belkin wireless router.

Resolution

Note: The resolution to this issue may not be available from all wireless service providers.
    To resolve this issue, upgrade to BlackBerry® Device Software 4.2.2.338 or later. For instructions, see KB03621.

Additional Information

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2.338 consists of the following:
    • Applications 4.2.2.184
    • Software Platform 2.5.0.40
    Note: The Applications and Software Platform version numbers are found on the About screen in Options on the BlackBerry smartphone.

PIN/ID
    246E11BE
    Upgraded to 4.2.2.180 (all I could find from tmo), same result, any attempt to connect to the router reboots the handheld. The router is a Belkin G, model F5D9230-4, not the one listed in the KB article, and it has no available firmware updates.
    And that leaves me out of ideas, suppose this is just an unsolved mystery for the moment.

markbb99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich˛˛ View Post
    Upgraded to 4.2.2.180 (all I could find from tmo), same result, any attempt to connect to the router reboots the handheld. The router is a Belkin G, model F5D9230-4, not the one listed in the KB article, and it has no available firmware updates.
    And that leaves me out of ideas, suppose this is just an unsolved mystery for the moment.
    I had this problem with the Belkin Pre-N router - the handset would continually re-boot. Upgraded to 4.2.2.184 and it solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich˛˛ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb99 View Post
    I had this problem with the Belkin Pre-N router - the handset would continually re-boot. Upgraded to 4.2.2.184 and it solved the problem.
    As mark said i would try the 4.2.2.184 OS and see if that takes care of it for you. You can get the os from here. Just make sure you delete the vendor.xml file prior to loading onto the phone. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 05-22-2008 at 02:34 PM.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have a perfect Wireless Router that will connect perfectly unless your on 4.5 os (not the routers fault-it's the os)

the router is strong and I had no problems. I had improvement and It was perfect....

Router you need

D-Link DIR-655 Wireless N Router
    The router Runs About $150.00 at best buy

the price is scary but I have this router connected to My PC, 2ND PC, XBOX Live, Dish Service, and My BB and there is increadible reception and it runs flawless.

prior to this i had a belkin which didnt work either, a linksys G booster, Tmobile router, and some other poor router..........None of them carried signal through my house and none had constant signal.

trust me when i say that the DIR-655 is a mean machine and works perfectly with BB Wi-Fi

Surfish no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    Oh man and I just bought a belkin "N" router. Yesterday.

I have one also and have NEVER had a problem .

PIN/ID
    246E11BE
    Ran the 4.2.2.184 update, and now everything is working swimmingly. Thanks for the help and resources! This one really had me stumped.

Glad to hear it worked for you.

SebasC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAAC32
    Yes! Finally a solution! Upgraded to Beta 4.5.0.37 and tried to connect to my Belkin N Router and FINALLY it worked, no more restarting!