Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Recondo, I have the same exact problem with my USB connection. Did you have any ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jwm4480 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Recondo,

I have the same exact problem with my USB connection. Did you have any success in finding an answer?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Mine started charging slower. It took me a coule of days to see why.... I had added an external 500 gb hard drive to my laptop. It required 2 USB-2.0 ports. It turns out it was sucking all the power that the BB's had been used to.

Plugged into the wall and all was fine. Unplugged the USB Drive the other night, BB's charged normally on USB.

There are a ton of contributing factors.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by recondo View Post
    Hello all,

I just recently lost total USB connection to my TMO Curve. I can still charge my curve through the standard AC or DC charger however, I can no longer sync with DM or use it as a Mass Storage Device.

Will uninstalling and reinstalling DM help if I can't even get the PC or the curve to recognize a connection? I've tried this on an HP Laptop, a Sony VAIO desktop and a Dell desktop all running XP. After plugging in the USB cable, nothing happens. In addition to attempting to try this on different computers, I've tried different USB cables and no luck with anything...

The only thing I did since it last charged/connected via USB was install a new Bold theme...could this be a problem? Any OTA updates/solutions? I'm on the 4.5.052 OS...

Thanks all!
    Been here many times. Plug in your BB... Go to Control Panel and load your system/devices screen. Scroll down to Portable devices and see if the BB is listed there.

If not, it may still be a software issue. Uninstall DM. Reboot... Reinstall DM and try again. DM loads the drivers required to make the BB do anything via usb.... Plug in the BB and try again.

I also run JL_CMDER.... Often when the DM pukes, JL still finds the BB....

Before you go running to your favorite neighbourhood techie.... Check to make sure your USB cord isn't the problem.

If all else fails..... There is always Bluetooth or in the worst case scenario.... Time to get a BOLD!!!

Good luck!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12