Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I plug my BB into a usb port I get a message that says: ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ikondave no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24218A7C

8320 won't charge via USB anymore

Advertisement

When I plug my BB into a usb port I get a message that says:

"usb charging current is not sufficient. verify that your handheld is connected to a powered usb charging source and that the proper usb driver is installed"

This behavior is relatively new (four weeks or so) and happens with both of the phones batteries. I have a MacBook Pro that has USB 2.0. I purchased the phone around 14 months ago.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Dave

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think you need to make sure that it's a USB 2 port - believer that I've read USB 1 is not enough current. I've got an 8100 that won't charge via home charger but will via USB - we should mate the two and have a party.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Couple of things, to check on, Do you have anything else plugged in, printer, storage drive, wireless mouse keyboard so on that you have recently added? or using a USB HUB?

Does this occur all the time, or does it matter if your running on battery or plug in power?

Have you changed any power saving settings on your Mac?

Did you mix up your cord by chance?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    When mine stopped charging it turned out to be a missing pin in the BB charging port. I forget what, if any message I received. Take a look, they are tiny. I think there should be 5. The phone was replaced under the (send in only) warranty.
    The temporary solution was to buy the dock sold by BB, which allows one to just drop the phone in it, bypassing the port on the side. It uses the two contacts on the back. Too bad you can't sync that way.
    After I received the new phone I had intended to return the dock (about $30.00), but after using it for a few days it seemed worthwhile to keep it. Just come home, drop it in, and forget it.
    I view the port on the BB as a weak spot now, and am very careful when charging in a vehicle.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    I recommend that you uninstall DM and do a fresh install...hopefully that works and won't cost you any money...if that doesn't work you should take it to your provider's store and see if they can't charge it via their usb ports...also may be that your port on the mac may be dead...do other devices receive power via usb when you plug them into the mac? Post back and let us know ~via BB~

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I plug my Blackberry even when my laptop is just booting up, that's the online time when I see that message..

Like everyone said, power settings maybe?

PIN/ID
    24218A7C
    Interestingly, I get the same message when I plug my 8320 into the USB port on my wife's MacBook Pro. We both have USB 2.0, and I haven't had anything else hooked up to my MBP. When I first started getting the message, the phone charged anyway, but now it doesn't. It still charges fine when I use the a/c power adapter, but now I'm wondering if the BB is holding a charge as long as it used to. I'll try the deletion and reinstall of the Desktop software, but I think I'm looking at a hardware problem, and I'm out of the warranty period.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks! I'll post again if there are any interesting developments.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    could be a bad USB cable...also look into getting the USB drivers from RIM's site and see if that doesn't help...good luck

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    same problem with my macbook
    i would just plug my macbook to a power outlet and never got the message again

PIN/ID
    24218A7C
    I deleted and reinstalled the DM. The same "not sufficient" message still appears, but now the phone charges perfectly. By the way, I have two cables, and I have been getting the same result when using either of them.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I have a prob with it sometimes too. I t seems like the usb cord is loose. It seems like it doesnt fit snugly.
    Gyros anyone?

pamela19 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    There are 2 USB ports on the MBP. Usually I try to plug it into the 2nd port if the 1st starts messing up. This normally happens when I plug a USB HDDrive and the MBP fails to recognize the external device on the first try.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Mine was having this same issue on ANY computer I tried (all had USB 2.0 ports). Ever since I upgraded to 4.5, it's charged like a charm through USB connection. You might want to try upgrading the firmware.

Alternatively, something else I noticed was that with my old firmware, it would charge through a USB connection, but only if the BB Desktop Manager was installed.

Hope this helps.

Bobboya no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just saw your thread, and it's three weeks old, so maybe you solved the problem.I had the same issue with my MacBook, and it was solved simply by installing PocketMac, the free program from RIM for sync'ing the BB and Mac.I think the BB draws a lot of current, which leads the Mac to shut off the USB port, unless a special driver is installed (such as the one in PocketMac). Maybe the new OS 4.5.0.52 has it by default?

recondo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello all,

I just recently lost total USB connection to my TMO Curve. I can still charge my curve through the standard AC or DC charger however, I can no longer sync with DM or use it as a Mass Storage Device.

Will uninstalling and reinstalling DM help if I can't even get the PC or the curve to recognize a connection? I've tried this on an HP Laptop, a Sony VAIO desktop and a Dell desktop all running XP. After plugging in the USB cable, nothing happens. In addition to attempting to try this on different computers, I've tried different USB cables and no luck with anything...

The only thing I did since it last charged/connected via USB was install a new Bold theme...could this be a problem? Any OTA updates/solutions? I'm on the 4.5.052 OS...

Thanks all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast