I purchased the new 8320 Curve from T-Mobile this Saturday and had a little time ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rdg20 no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 without HS@Home

Advertisement

I purchased the new 8320 Curve from T-Mobile this Saturday and had a little time to experiment today. I did not get the HotSpot@Home plan, but thought I'd play with the wireless anyway. I was able to see my home router and establish a connection for data. This worked great and response was excellent. So far I wasn't connecting to T-Mobile's network, just my own router and cable connection. I shut the radio off to be sure I was using my home network and while I was testing, I received an incoming call! I didn't expect this to work without the HS@Home plan. Has anyone else trie this and if so, what was the result?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8320 without HS@Home

The 8320 on T-Mo will work over the WiFi (UMA) weather or not you have Hotspot@Home, Hotspot@Home just gives you unlimted minutes over the WiFi connection.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Yeah, tmobile has (imo) kept the knowledge of the UMA very merky to customers in order to drum up subscriptions to the H@H. Even their own employees are very unknowledgable about UMA and its really not their fault.. can't know something if you haven't been taught it.

except gravity.

but yep, even without the service you can use the wifi for data or uma for calling and if you use your tmobile # it will take from your plan minutes. if you use a 3rd party app like skype, it just counts towards data and whatever plan you are signed up with with that 3rd party app.

Grza no está en línea Stack level 1

I also have a question on the same topic.

I was interested in the 8320 and was looking at T-Mobiles plans. What would work best for me is the 1000min BIS plan. I don't plan on going anywhere near 1000 minutes and my firends with Tmobile have decent service where I will be. So, is there any reason for me to bother getting H@H? Or at this point to even bother with the 8320?

poopc4 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the 8320 rocks. Nuf said.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Grza
    I also have a question on the same topic.

I was interested in the 8320 and was looking at T-Mobiles plans. What would work best for me is the 1000min BIS plan. I don't plan on going anywhere near 1000 minutes and my firends with Tmobile have decent service where I will be. So, is there any reason for me to bother getting H@H? Or at this point to even bother with the 8320?
    The 8320 is a great BB. I would reccomend it to anyone.

If you don't think you will go over 1000m then you don't need the H@H. It just adds all your UMA calls as unlimited. You can still call over UMA without it.

I am guessing you are talking about the BlackBerry Minutes and Mail plan for BIS. It includes 1000min, unlimted data, unlimited SMS. It does not include any MMS messages so those will cost extra per message.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr