I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I can't figure it out. I'm am ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Akim281 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216E72B9

8320 wifi set up

Advertisement

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I can't figure it out. I'm am trying to set up the wifi on my 8320. it keeps telling me i have to add this pin to my wireless access point. where and how do i do this? help!

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Which security are you using on your WAP? (usually people use WEP or PSK). You use the wifi setup wizard on the device to add your network. Scan for networks, it should find your network and prompt you to put in the key for the network. (if you have a laptop with wireless, that always helps to make sure your WAP is setup ok).

Concept Guest
    how do you have your router setup? I think you are trying to use the feature that allows you to push the button on the router than whatever device tries to connect has to exchange a password between the two to get a trusted link.

If your router is like any other, all you should have to do is search for a wi-fi network. Then when you pick up the network ssid, just enter your password you have for your router. It shouldn't be much harder than that.

Concept Guest
    I think most people are using WPA+PSK which allows you to just enter your password versus using WEP which uses a randomly generated 16 character key.

Either way it should be as simple as searching for a network, adding the security key and it should log right in and jump to UMA within a minute or so.

Akim281 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216E72B9
    thank you both, i got it now