Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

will the wifi on an unlocked TMO 8320 work on the rogers network. thanks... BlackBerry Curve forum

wincole no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 wifi on Rogers

Advertisement

will the wifi on an unlocked TMO 8320 work on the rogers network. thanks

JoshKingston no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8320 wifi on Rogers

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If its unlocked, there shouldn't be a problem with it. You might have some issues with the text message center number.
    The wifi has nothing to do with locking of the phone, its just you would need whatever wep key to connect to the internet, as well as you might gave issues with the wap settings for non wifi browsing.

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

I talked to Rogers yesterday and asked if there was any new BlackBerry devices coming out with WIFI or anything before end of year. They rattled off about Treo, HTC and some Q thingy... But nothing for BlackBerry. I figure it will be time to order a phone from the US that has WIFI as it would be faster than waiting for Rogers to carry it.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah wifi is wifi, you can use the wifi on the 8320 with rogers

gitchies no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i'll be picking up the 8320 soon....rogers is always too slow compared to our US counter part....besides, still cheaper to buy one from the US anyways....that dame gst and pst!!!!

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!

people are failing to explain that this will be a "longer then normal" process, not by much but it will be longer, reason I say this is due to that fact the 8320 is not in the Rogers device catologue, so when you activate you will not be able to get the device service books to the device, you will have to convince Rogers to contact RIM for you, for them to personally push the service books to your device, and as redundant as this may sound, you will also need to ensure you have a BB Data Plan from Rogers as the WiFi does not become enable without a BB data plan, so plan on spending an extra 30-60 mins on the phone with Rogers cust care (Ughh!!), trying to explain a) what your trying to do...b) why they need to contact RIM to do it for you..

also beware, although this may NOT be the case with the 8320 as it is not a Rogers device, Rogers backs all the wifi enable devices with EDGE for better stability unless you ask them to disable it (as i terribly learned when i had the Rogers version of the T-Mobile Dash) $500 dollar bill after using the so called "free wifi" on the device, they decide to share this information with me.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-19-2007 at 12:16 AM.

cellone no está en línea Stack level 1

The 8320 (Curve 2) should be available for purchase through Rogers sometime mid November -> early December. As for your question regarding WiFi (as previously answered) yes, it will work without issue as long as your device is unlocked.

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!

I'd like to see some documents besides just words on a forum abt this Curve 2 release or at least some other source of info...No offense, but I've not seen any other sites reporting this information, and it would seem if any WiFi devices from the BB line up were going to Rogers it would be the 8820, they have not retired the 8800 as of yet but already have gone through 2 series of curves.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-24-2007 at 06:17 PM.

PIN/ID
    302686bc

I'm talking with a Rogers Data Care rep right now. they know nothing on a 8320 being released.

A search on Rogers for 8320 returns nothing so far...

PIN/ID
    302686bc

While talking to the Rogers data rep last night he said that he's heard nothing and that there are currently no devices with Rogers that supports wifi. I didn't check the Rogers website to confirm. But would Rogers allow a device that didn't increase their revenue on their list of devices the sell. I doubt we'll see the 8320 here with Rogers. I hope I'll be wrong with this statement!

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F

well I know the only model of HTC that Rogers sells is a wifi device. this is what really bugs me day in day out. that us as rogers customer we know more about the devices and data service than the bloody reps and it has been this way for the past 4 years. I know one guy in Rogers that had a test device to see how the whole BB wifi and UMA would intergrate into rogers wireless infrustructure. So I know that they are trying. As for when or if it even will be released I have no idea and neither does my buddy.

PIN/ID
    302686bc

I think I'll order a new BlackBerry off eBay and unlock it before buying one from them. I'm 2 years away from having my contract end and I don't want to lock in my voice or data for 3 more years just to get this device. The plans are already too much money!

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F
    Quote Originally Posted by Moridar
    I think I'll order a new BlackBerry off eBay and unlock it before buying one from them. I'm 2 years away from having my contract end and I don't want to lock in my voice or data for 3 more years just to get this device. The plans are already too much money!
    I'm in the same boat. Rogers is even going to cut me a deal. But I'm not taking it. I'm going to the states in January so I'm getting me device there. Especially since our dollar is so strong right now.

cdncableguy no está en línea Stack level 2

i am thinking the same thing. I will be in san fransico in december. where would be the best place to pick one up?

PIN/ID
    302686bc

tmobile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast