Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey all, my 8320 Curve on Tmo is not connecting to WiFi anymore. When I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mattdiano no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 WiFi Not Connecting

Advertisement

Hey all, my 8320 Curve on Tmo is not connecting to WiFi anymore. When I go to Set Up WiFi, scan networks, and chose one that I have been connected to in the past, I get this error: Unable to connect: Reason: W010: Wi-Fi Connection Failed. I have done a batt pull, upgraded to OS 4.5.0.102, tried turning off the Edge service, and using WiFi only, everything I can think of. Can anyone help on this?

Thanks!!!

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Do you have access to the router? Try turning it off for a moment, turn it back on and see if that helps.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Good idea, but it is doing this on multiple routers, at home, at work, random unsecured ones.... Amazing how many people have unsecured routers, isn't it!!

I know, it is amazing! LOL I'm using 4.5.0.93 and I have no problems with wifi, have you used that os?

Nope, I went right from .81 to .102, I was so pissed at the OS I got off the Tmo website that I went looking for the newest possible.

Yeah, I heard that the tmo os wasn't the best. Try going into Manage Connections - Wi-Fi Options - Menu - restore default settings. I didn't see that in the list of things you've tried. Then try connecting again and report back

Damn, that wiped out all of the netword weps I had programmed in!! The 26 key ones suck to enter. Anyway, it did not fix the problem, still getting that damn W010 error, might be time to call BB tech.

I know they suck to enter. I keep mine hidden on my memory card so I can copy and paste it when I need it. Have you resent service books?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

About to wipte the handset. Tmo tried the same stuff we did, then told me the next step is to wipe the handset, so backup up right now. Do you recommend wiping it through the deivce menu options, or with jl_cmd?
    Thanks!!

I'd say jl_cmdr. The device menu option doesn't actually wipe the os, jl does. It's the best way to start the new os with a clean slate. Np, let us know how it goes!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That was my though, so of like "updating" the OS on a pc, from like Win XP to Vista, updates are bs, a fresh install is the way to go. Well, wiped and all, now trying to reinstall all my goodies. DM did not detect my Berry, had to search some threads - LOVE you stackers, btw - and I should be money soon. If my WiFi doesn't work...... Ugh they need the Storm for Tmo!!!

I love this site too, I've only calle tmo for network issues since I found pinstack! Which os are you doing, .93?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am using .102 And the wipe and re-install did not fix the problem!! UGH!!

Try 4.5.0.93. I've been using that for a couple of months (tmo 8320 with hotspot@home service) and it's worked fine.

Are you using MAC filtering on your router?
    Have you tried resetting your router to factory defaults and re-adding security features?

I know you said it was happening with more than one router, let's see if we can get one working before you spend another hour doing another os install.

The moment I get home from work (about an hour) I am gonna hit my router and see if that is the problem. I don't want to start messing around with a router at work and screw everything up!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast