Hello, I have the 8320 and I was wondering - when I am connected using ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mugen no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 Wifi and Bluetooth question

Advertisement

Hello,

I have the 8320 and I was wondering - when I am connected using WiFi and I am receiving emails and browsing/downloading from the internet, I assume that I am not using the data from my data plan. Just WiFi as if I am on my laptop correct?

2nd question - When I pair up my GPS puck with the Curve it stays connected while I am in my house and not moving a whole lot, however when I start driving the bluetooh always seems to disconnect and I have to manually restablish the connection.

Any ideas what would cause this and if there is a solution?

Thanks!

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Re: 8320 Wifi and Bluetooth question

Which puck. I don't have that problem with mine. Well actually I may have seen that once while taking a call on a bluetooth speaker phone while using GPS with a Bluetooth puck.

Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    Which puck. I don't have that problem with mine. Well actually I may have seen that once while taking a call on a bluetooth speaker phone while using GPS with a Bluetooth puck.
    I have teh i.Trek M5+. Which GPS software are you using? I tried all the free ones and none of them really work that well.

dimsy no está en línea Stack level 1

regarding the wifi question, this shouldnt matter seeing as how, and correct me if i'm wrong, the data plans tmobile offers are all unlimited? so don't sweat it whether its being used or not. i wouldnt imagine why anyone in their right mind would sign up for a limited data plan even if it did exist, 20 bucks a month for unlimited data is chump change in comparison to what you'd pay if you went over your data amount.

seastkc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241BF728

You don't need a data plan to use the internet over wifi you do need hotspot@home if you want to make calls for free over wifi. The 20 dollar wifi plan is for using the starbucks and tmobile wifi locations for an unlimited amount (worthless). If you pay for the 20 dollar blackberry plan you get the unlimited edge data connection (used when no wifi available)and email push.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by dimsy View Post
    regarding the wifi question, this shouldnt matter seeing as how, and correct me if i'm wrong, the data plans tmobile offers are all unlimited? so don't sweat it whether its being used or not. i wouldnt imagine why anyone in their right mind would sign up for a limited data plan even if it did exist, 20 bucks a month for unlimited data is chump change in comparison to what you'd pay if you went over your data amount.
    Well, unfortunately I live in Canada and our dataplans suck as you probably already know...So for me it does make a difference if I'm using WiFi and for some reason it still gets charged to my data plan.

I bought the phone while I was in HK - All phones there are unlocked so it was easy enough for me to use it on the Rogers network. I've been using the WiFi quite a bit since I got it and for some reason or another I just wondered if it was costing me anything to use it.......
    Last edited by Mugen; 11-28-2007 at 12:55 AM.

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

just get tzones. its $6 a month unlimited data and gets you most places like espn and junk.

on a side note, id give my first born for a set of mugen wheels. (i hope thats what your name is for)
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE