Ok. New to Blackberry and waited months for the 8320. Spent hours on the phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Boe
    Boe no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 Trust Cert/Key Code Password

Advertisement

Ok. New to Blackberry and waited months for the 8320. Spent hours on the phone trying to get Wi Fi set up and it is still not working with my home network. Works fine with the T-mobile hotspots like Borders. Big learning curve. When I try to connect to my home wireless network it connects successfully and then comes up and says that one of the certificates cannot be trusted - rcp.na.blackberry.com Untrusted Cert Chain, Stale Chain Status, Revocation Status Unknown.......At one point I was in the certificates under Options and viewing what was actually listed and no where does it say anythng about a certificate from Blackberry. We reloaded service books and still get this pop up screen. When I say "Trust Certificate" it then asks for my key store password. Somewhere along the line it was reset (maybe when they wiped it clean?) and I only have one more try out of 10 before everything gets wiped again.
    #1 Where can I get a default key store password or reset it? I'm thinking if I had this the issue would be resolved.
    #2 Why does this trust cert screen keep popping up and why does T-mobile know nothing about it? They tried to tell me it was my router causing this pop up screen about certificates when it is coming from Blackberry.

My router can see 2 laptops, a printer, and another computer along with the AT&T iphone just fine. Blackberry can see my network but something in Blackberry's settings is blocking it. Any suggestions?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: 8320 Trust Cert/Key Code Password

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Question, are you on a bes?
    I haven't had to regenerate key stores in quite awhile, and am mobile at the moment. Buy you can do this via desktop manager. At least you used to be able to. Essentially you plug in you bb and you move the mouse around. Reason I ask about bes, is that when I've done it in the past after going on a bes, it ended up making me do an enterprise activation to correct.

Boe
    Boe no está en línea Stack level 1

Talked to Blackberry support. Certificate verification is mainly used in the corporate world, not for personal use. We wiped it clean, removed the desktop software and started over. That cleared the Certificate issue. Still not able to connect WiFi though. I've used a Linksys Access point as well as a Multitech router. After 2 hours on the phone, they can only say that it has something to do with the security settings on the router. When we have an open connection, it runs fine, but as soon as we put any security on it - WEP, WPA, 64 bit, 128 bit, it connects initially but then goes out. I think we have tried every setting in security and cannot get it to work. And of course an open connection is just not an option....any ideas out there?

gk0820 no está en línea Stack level 2

I was getting the same error. I wiped the handheld and the error disappeared. I believe it was the way I converted my data from a previous curve.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I have a netgear and it was giving me a problem too until i reset the damn thing and set it back up. NOw it works good and it asked me once to certify the connection and i did but now it doesnt ask me anymore. its wierd.