before, i had the auto dim backlight set to ON. when in the dark, or ... BlackBerry Curve forum

phutro no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8320 trackball & keyboard backlight not working

Advertisement

before, i had the auto dim backlight set to ON. when in the dark, or i'm typing the trackball & keyboard backlight would turn on and then fade out (fade out in a jerky motion, not a smooth decline in brightness).

now, the trackball & keyboard backlight does not turn on at all unless the auto dim option is set to OFF. (that being said, i miss having the screen automatically dim & brighten depending on the surrounding brightness).

i've called tmobile and have pulled out the battery & re-installed the os. but that's not fixing it. they say it's some sort of functionality problem on their end and that i should bear it. i think it has something to do with some hardware.

has anyone else experienced this / know what to do?

regards,

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8320 trackball & keyboard backlight not working

have you tried a software upgrade? upgrade your OS?

i haven't heard of this issue.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

It sounds like something is wrong with the light sensor. Like, physically wrong. Mabye not, but it sounds like it's broken.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 01-24-2008 at 04:24 AM.

phutro no está en línea Stack level 1

ya, i have the lastest os for tmobile (and reinstalled it clean (no 3rd party apps) twice. but it didn't fix the problem) however, after waiting a good six or so hours, the backlight is working like it's supposed to... so... mystery!

they were sending me a replacement but i canceled it. i'm too attached to the bb i have now. and i figure, i have another year on my warranty, i'll get it replaced when something breaks again. thanks all for the advice

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Glad everything worked out for you and you didn't have to go through the hassle.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Make sure that you aren't covering the sensor accidentally. It used to located near the led on the top. Someone who knows better if it has moved can step in and clarify.