Change it too.. Wireless>Advance Wireless Settings Fragment Threshold : 2304 (256-2346) RTS Threshold : 2304 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

8320 Tmo Linksys Router Setting: How to Improve Your UMA

Advertisement

Change it too..

Wireless>Advance Wireless Settings

Fragment Threshold : 2304 (256-2346)
    RTS Threshold : 2304 (0-2347)
    Beacon Interval : 50 (20-1024 ms)

I have notice a major improvement, UMA connects right away and I has not dropped on EDGE since I made the change.
    Last edited by flash24; 12-07-2007 at 03:11 AM.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: 8320 Tmo Linksys Router Setting: How to Improve Your UMA

Thanks Dude! I'm sure this will help alot of people!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Yeah, this info was posted by me and the person who found it (rory) posted this a few days agon in the wifi section as well.

I have been testing and don't know if I have seen much difference (as I had great connectivity, although the wife's device wasn't as reliable and she hasn't complained so maybe it is working better?? It seems that my internet seems slower on the computers though, trying to figure if that is related or something in the area as the work connection seems slow as well, maybe all of the Christmas shoppers??)
    Last edited by squeakr; 12-07-2007 at 08:41 AM.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

I just jtagged dd-wrt (different firmware) onto it. This let me up the signal strength for the antennas and enable options not available with the default firmware. I doubled my range and strength. Also, I have a second Linksys with dd-wrt on it doing WDS (a repeater basically) so I can walk down to the far end of my backyard which is pretty far from the AP.

--
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

I did the same with 2 High Powered Buffalo routers with the WDS and DD-WRT. Has the non-JTAG been completed yet for the T-Mo Linksys as I have 2 of those that I would love to integrate, maybe at a neighbors house to cove the entire neighborhood? What is the power output ranges available on the Linksys, the Buffalo can go as high as about 1/3 to 1/2 a watt (which is freakishly high for a consumer level router)?

jeffsaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EE28B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What model number are those buffalo routers. I wanted to try and openWRT but didn't wanna do it on my only tmo linksys and brick it hahha.

They are Buffalo WHR-HP-54G routers (the HP means high power). They are getting hard to find due to the lawsuit against Buffalo and others. They are allowed to sell current stock, but have to change design aftwerward (and they are allowed to fully support them and replace them under warranty). I bought mine at Circuit City, but they are still in some Best Buys (usually on clearance there). These are by far the best routers that I have had (great range due to built in high power amplifiers) and are in high demand on the dd-wrt site for open form as well as they don't require jtag, and with the dd-wrt firmware they are almost as good (if not better than lots) as the commercial routers at a consumer pricepoint. I have had no problems and the firmware change too about 10 seconds. I really like them and they are the best I have had (currently have 8 routers at home right now and these are the best of the lot).