Hello everyone, I recently got my hands on a new 8320, got my pearl stolen ... BlackBerry Curve forum

snybole no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8320 swedish

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I recently got my hands on a new 8320, got my pearl stolen from me while I was in Amsterdam ;-)
    But on my pearl I could download the language pack made by another operator which worked flawlessly, now on the Curve I've got the qwerty keyboard and I'm wondering if I will be able to write mails and text messages with the swedish symbols such as: ä,ö,ĺ. They are not listed on the keyboard so do you guys think it will be possible?

I hope I described my problem correctly, if not dont hesitate to ask me!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8320 swedish

Wow! I just checked every BlackBerry site that supports the 8320, and the ONLY Accessible one that has the Multilanguage version available is (ironically) Hong Kong CSL Limited (v4.2.2.175)! The irony being that the other NINE Sites have only the Chinese version available!

One thing - I don't know if the t-Mobile versions are Chinese or Multilanguage, and did not check any of the t-Mobile sites. This is because they require a t-Mobile number to access the info (at least the US does), and their downloads are not hosted by BlackBerry, so their web pages are completely non-standard. I do know that t-Mobile US has the 8320 (v4.2.2.180), but don't know what language support it has.

If you have access to a t-Mobile site, they might have the Multilanguage version available. Otherwise, the Hong Kong site is the only one that has the non Chinese version firmware available.
    JerryD

snybole no está en línea Stack level 2

My phone is, ironically a BB8320 from CSL ;-)
    But there is another site aswell with a multilanguage pack and that is Trigcom, wich is a norwegian company selling BB devices, they've got a language pack covering most of the nordic countrys.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...94685E4F4D1E5C

But do you still think it's possible, considering the keyboard doesnt consist of the letters ä,ö,ĺ?
    Will I have to use the alt button + some other or? :-)
    Thank you so much for the help so far!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Thanks for the link. It's not listed on BlackBerry's list of download sites:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

However, I wouldn't have listed it anyway since they don't have the 8320.

The CSL site has both Chinese and Multilanguage available. If you're not finding the language you need, download and install the Multilanguage - it may just be missing from your device. The Setup Wizard can delete unused languages, so maybe you're were already deleted.

As for using another language, it should work pretty much the same as it did on the Pearl. I have no experience with it though.
    JerryD