Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The whole rebate racket, eh.. business, is predicated on NOT paying out all entitlements to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Re: 8320 rebate... denied.

Advertisement

The whole rebate racket, eh.. business, is predicated on NOT paying out all entitlements to the buyer. They will delay, throw obstacles at you, invoke any reasonable or unreasonable excuse... and statistically it does work, many people eventually give up/forget/decide it isn't worth it.

For myself, I consider as "price" what I pay at the cash register...and I make my comparisons and purchasing decisions accordingly. If a pie-in-the-sky rebate does materialize later, I treat it as a welcome surprise . And icing on the cake.

However, matters change when it comes to buying drugs . And Blackberry IS a drug

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm starting to believe that the early released date thing has something to due with this problem. Has anyone else that bought the Curve before the release date gotten their rebate?

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

Update... got it fixed. Called the rebate center (they finally answered) and they corrected my status and gave me a new tracking id. Now the wait begins again for the check.

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn00 View Post
    Update... got it fixed. Called the rebate center (they finally answered) and they corrected my status and gave me a new tracking id. Now the wait begins again for the check.
    Yay!!!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Another option would be to call Customer Service (I know, the very idea of it can make you sick), and politely insist on a credit to the account in the same amount. You all know the drill, "I've been a long time loyal customer", "I switched to your network primarily to get this device; the MIR made it especially attractive to me", "I'd rather stay with you than cancel my account and return to my original provider", etc.

Nels no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm in the same situation. I bought my curve on Saturday and submitted the rebate. Today I got the rejection letter in the mail. When I have some free time I'll be calling them to see if I can't change their minds.

truegovernator no está en línea Stack level 1

shoulda went to ATT!
    Was the reason on the letter because of the launch date mix up?
    Make sure that customer service knows that youre "about to cancel your service"
    theyll credit you

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

Quote Originally Posted by Nels View Post
    I'm in the same situation. I bought my curve on Saturday and submitted the rebate. Today I got the rejection letter in the mail. When I have some free time I'll be calling them to see if I can't change their minds.
    it was actually a pleasant phone call. the csr was friendly and kept a conversation going while someone higher up was confirming the date change... much better than listening to promos or useless crap while on hold. i think i was on the phone for less than 10 minutes.

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

i have this same problem.

i called yesterday and the lady i talked to from the rebate center said it would be stupid for me not to get the rebate.

she said she was pushing it through processing again, and they should process it.

but i just checked tmobilerebates.com and it said failed again...

guess i will call back soon.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

shows it was submitted 10/24 and status is still pending. *crosses fingers*

314aaron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    No need!

I also purchased mine on the 22nd of Sept (2 days before the offical LAUNCH). I called the Tmo Rebate Center. They looked into the issue and found out that their system did not adjust for the early launch. They did not expect to get the Rebate forms in so early on the 8320. They are reprocessing my rebate form and even sent me an e-mail with the new ID to check on.

Give the Rebate center a call. Remember to be nice. It is not the person answering the phones fault that your Rebate got denied. Simple HUMAN error. Good luck.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Rule of thumb whenever it comes to talking to any CS Reps for any reason- treat like a police report- Write notes on EVERYTHING. Names, dates, who said what, when, confirmation numbers, individual extensions (if availble), who should you contact if you have to call back? Also ask them to make notes in your account of your discussion, explain that you're taking notes as well.

I've noticed that if you follow this approach regardless of what they try you can usually win out.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    Rule of thumb whenever it comes to talking to any CS Reps for any reason- treat like a police report- Write notes on EVERYTHING. Names, dates, who said what, when, confirmation numbers, individual extensions (if availble), who should you contact if you have to call back? Also ask them to make notes in your account of your discussion, explain that you're taking notes as well.

I've noticed that if you follow this approach regardless of what they try you can usually win out.
    i learned that the hard way

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

I purchased mine on the 22nd as well and i just checked online and it did not give me any info,but it listed a number to call to check 1/877-311-8853.

So i called and it said my check will be mailed out 11/26 and give it up to 30 days to receive.

Hope everyone gets theirs!
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Blu, if they are mailing it out on the 26th, WHY should it take 30 days for you to receive it?? Are they WALKING it to your door?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast