went into advanced options-sim card, and deleted my number from the card, the only way ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Hgainiac no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 question: Sim card/my number

Advertisement

went into advanced options-sim card, and deleted my number from the card, the only way I could find to remove it from the active call screen, which was annoying the hell outa me, truncating screen info during calls, etc.... Anyone think of any problems I'll have with this deletion or why my number needs to be on the Sim in the first place??? Thanks!!

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8320 question: Sim card/my number

it does need to be on the sim card , the way to remove your number from the call log is to,go to call log , press the button on the left side of mouse ball,options,general options,and were it says show my number just say no, and wallah. make sure you put your number back on your sim
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah you may want to put that back on your SIM.

Quote Originally Posted by siccmade View Post
    it does need to be on the sim card , the way to remove your number from the call log is to,go to call log , press the button on the left side of mouse ball,options,general options,and were it says show my number just say no, and wallah. make sure you put your number back on your sim

Yeah, tried that, it wont remove it from the active call screen. WHY does it need to be on the Sim is my question?? it seems to b working fine. What am I missing??

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah you may want to put that back on your SIM.

WHY??

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't see how can this be of any annoyance. I barely even notice its on the top of the screenm that's just me
    Anyhow, I don't really know if there can be any problems from deleting it from your sim card. Must be there for a reason.
    But look at the bright side, its a nice way to remember your number if you ever forget your own number, oddly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DaX05 View Post
    ~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't see how can this be of any annoyance. I barely even notice its on the top of the screenm that's just me
    Anyhow, I don't really know if there can be any problems from deleting it from your sim card. Must be there for a reason.
    But look at the bright side, its a nice way to remember your number if you ever forget your own number, oddly enough.

Nah, theres nothing ON this phone that has annoyed me since I made tmobile change out the last 2 that were giving me s#!t right off the bat... This one works flawlessly....silly to say, but I love the thing... ckd with 2 diff. customer care reps an no one seems to think it makes a diff if the number is on the card, hasnt affected Curve performance/accesibility in the least, and it's making me happy not see it on my screen, so thats enuff for me!! Thanks to all for the input!!!

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585
    The only problem I had with taking my number off the sim card was when I was beta testing vLingo. The way the app registered with the server was by using the number off of my sim.

Seems like a real easy way to bypass paying for it if you can put in someone elses number but maybe that was just for the beta.