Long time browser, first time poster! OK...here goes! On my 3rd handset. First one worked ... BlackBerry Curve forum

johnt105 no está en línea Stack level 1

8320 Problems

Advertisement

Long time browser, first time poster!
    OK...here goes!

On my 3rd handset. First one worked fine until it died of a Java fault. Had it replaced by Orange. Next handset would not charge, so again replaced by Orange. 3rd handset will not send MMS or email picture messages with either wifi or GPRS connection enabled. Both SMS and email without media files work fine. Signal strength is not an issue.
    The 2 new handsets have the updated OS on to ver. 4.5.0.5.2 which for some reason is really really slow.
    Anyone have any thoughts on settings I can check before I have to brave the Orange customer service team again?

Thanks in advance

John

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    John,

I would upgrade to a little later release since you are on .52. I'd go here and get .110 and use these instructions for the upgrade. Then see if you still have issues. I don't think .52 was a very good release.

I'm assuming you have the 8320 since it's in that thread even though your profile says 7100.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks for the info there, I will give that a go. Yeah, didn't realise I still had the 7100 listed as my handset, I've had the 8320 for a good 6 months and was really enjying it until I hit these problems over the last couple of weeks.

I will let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    John,

I would upgrade to a little later release since you are on .52. I'd go here and get .110 and use these instructions for the upgrade. Then see if you still have issues. I don't think .52 was a very good release.

I'm assuming you have the 8320 since it's in that thread even though your profile says 7100.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Post back if you have a problem. I may not be here but there's always someone around to help and I'll be back tomorrow. Good luck. Be aware that sometimes, during the 30-60 minute process of upgrading the OS, it may look as though nothing's happening. It is. Be patient and wait. DO NOT unplug your BB until it says the process is complete.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82
    To correct the not sending picture send two pictures to yourself. So snap a picture select send as MMS and send to your mobile x2. This typically always solves the picture crisis.

Thank you very much for your help so far.
    I have updated the OS via the instructions above, and the handset now runs much quicker without any major problems as before.
    However I still cannot email or MMS pictures - I tried sending some to myself, both MMS & email but they failed to send too.
    Looks like another call to Orange customer service.