I just started using an alternative music player on my computer called Media Monkey. Its ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Svend no está en línea Stack level 2

8320 playlists!

Advertisement

I just started using an alternative music player on my computer called Media Monkey. Its a great media player for organizing your MP3 and other music files if the are in a disarray, but that's besides the point. I noticed this morning when I went to blackberry's built in media player on my 8320 that there was a new selection in the music section titled "Playlists". When I clicked on it had an empty playlist in it, but there was still one there. On the fly playlists still won't happen, but its new, to me at least, to even see the choice for playlists on the built-in media player. I will explore this topic once I get home from work tonight and I'm able to access my home computer. I just thought it would be a good thread to start for all the media junkies with 83xx's out there.

Here's how I got playlists to show up on my BB:

1) Install media monkey(www.mediamonkey.com) on your computer (I bought gold, but I don't think it will make a difference).

2) Import all your music folders to media monkey, it will ask you if you would like to import data from itunes and windows media player. Say yes, cause this will add all (except windows media playlists-WMP, but I'll check that again after posting) of your personal playlists you took so much precious time to create.

3) Plug in your BB to your computer while media monkey is opened, an icon for you blackberry will appear in the left side column. You can just drag and drop songs into that icon, or just right click and select the option to add to blackberry.

4) After you have added the music you would like, expand the tree next to the blackberry icon and click all. You should see all the songs on your BB pop up after some time.

The next steps I am going to try as well at my house:

5) Select the songs you would like to make a playlists out of, and right click the group, the click add to new playlist. Make sure the playlist is under the BB icon, and it should be on your blackberry.

6) media monkey seems to automatically sync your BB when you edit it directly so there's no real need to click sync, but I guess your can if your trigger happy.

Tell me if this works for anyone, I myself will be pretty excited if it does, because if not I would have to wait till april for playlists with the OS 4.5 (yes, it is coming out in april, RIM has confirmed)

Also, I don't like to use third party media players, I've grown to accustomed to BB default.

Svend no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8320 playlists!

Oh yeah, my carrier is T-Mobile
    OS 4.2.2.180(327)
    4gb microSD card
    And I used MediaMonkey Gold 3.0

Just in case specs actually matter.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~