I've had my 8320 for a while, so I'm not a complete noob. The other ... BlackBerry Curve forum

frankthomas no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8320 performs soft reboot during minor opperations

Advertisement

I've had my 8320 for a while, so I'm not a complete noob. The other night my phone just started automatically rebooting itself, giving me the white screen of death and then the black screen with two blinking lights. I performed a jl comder wipe and then re installed the os using the how to on pinstack. I tried performing a restore of a back up I made in may, and the phone went to a white screen, and came back on and gave me a partial restore, folders(without all apps.) wallpaper, but no contacts. luckily I have all my contacts saved to my google account, so I used google sync and the same thing happened, it gave me the hourglass screen and then came back with partial contacts updated. I tried turning wifi on and it did the same thing, I've looked around here for some solutions and have found no answers. Please help. It was bad enough going a day without a working blackberry I don't know if I could deal any longer with a half working one.

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I have had that happen with my 8320 as well. Wiping it won't help. Call T-Mobile and have them transfer you to blackberry support. They are gonna have you do a battery pull, wipe the phone, etc. It won't work. Tell them you did that already. In the end they will send you a new (refurbished) phone. The problem is usual the onboard memory which is lacking in the 8320. Its still an awesome phone tho. Just have them send you a new one. Hope this helps.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

tagtis no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthomas View Post
    I've had my 8320 for a while, so I'm not a complete noob. The other night my phone just started automatically rebooting itself, giving me the white screen of death and then the black screen with two blinking lights. I performed a jl comder wipe and then re installed the os using the how to on pinstack. I tried performing a restore of a back up I made in may, and the phone went to a white screen, and came back on and gave me a partial restore, folders(without all apps.) wallpaper, but no contacts. luckily I have all my contacts saved to my google account, so I used google sync and the same thing happened, it gave me the hourglass screen and then came back with partial contacts updated. I tried turning wifi on and it did the same thing, I've looked around here for some solutions and have found no answers. Please help. It was bad enough going a day without a working blackberry I don't know if I could deal any longer with a half working one.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/2.0.172.39 Safari/530.5