The only way I can receive emails is over Wifi now. EDGE in caps is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

8320 OS 4.5 worked fine for a while now I can send email but not receive

Advertisement

The only way I can receive emails is over Wifi now.
    EDGE in caps is shown and I can go to web pages and phone works fine.
    I can send emails over EDGE on both BES COrporate account and personal accounts but I can only receive emails if connected over WIFI.

Any ideas?

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    I would maybe suggest trying to resend your service books for your phone. I had that happen once where I could write but couldnt receive and I did that and it was fine afterwords.

PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    Resending service books didn't help. Online with RIM Support for 90 minutes. We are thinking my phone went bad. I just don't know.

PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    I am on the phone with RIM. They are aware of the problem with the 8320 so it's not me or OS 4.5.

PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    Rim TOLD me it's a known problem affecting 8320 users that connect over wifi and then switch to EDGE. They fixed mine but warned the problem could resurface and they are posting a patch this weekend.

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    Rim TOLD me it's a known problem affecting 8320 users that connect over wifi and then switch to EDGE. They fixed mine but warned the problem could resurface and they are posting a patch this weekend.
    Chances are they will be sending you a new phone. Mine blew up last week - exact same problem. Exact same!

If they send you a new one, you may want to get a new SIM too. My SIM started dying last night (just as I was getting the new one working - ended up with 2 different app errors and a late night). Today was nightmare of borrowing other people's phones and laptops because it just stopped booting around 9am.

I think my clients and my agent are totally sick of me and my phone/e-mail problems. And I am sick of the 8320 --- next phone please! If T-mob had a better option, I would jump on it.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive found that issue with tmo. Try going to the call screen options-call fowarding. Just go into call fowarding that may solve the issue. It doesn't make sense but I've seen it work.

PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by greenandgold52 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive found that issue with tmo. Try going to the call screen options-call fowarding. Just go into call fowarding that may solve the issue. It doesn't make sense but I've seen it work.
    RIM fixed my issue temporarily, but stated they are issuing an update this weekend. Until then I will just keep WIFI off.

I am not getting a new phone all is well now.

THanks

Dan

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    RIM fixed my issue temporarily, but stated they are issuing an update this weekend. Until then I will just keep WIFI off.

I am not getting a new phone all is well now.

THanks

Dan

It sounds like you have it under control. I think the new Curve + a new SIM might have fixed my issues. Not sure yet, but have my fingers crossed.