Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I haven't seen anything that this does that .175 already did. The only thing that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Latest 8320 OS: 4.2.2.180 TMO USA

Advertisement

I haven't seen anything that this does that .175 already did. The only thing that it will do is get T-Mo off your back when you have problems, as the first thing that they will say is that you are using an unsupported OS and that is causing your problems. You need to reload the official version supported by T-Mo and then see if the problems are resolved. We (and they) know that the OS isn;t the root cause but it buys them some time and gives them a buck to pass.

dee99ta no está en línea Stack level 1

I updated. Took a while but no issues. I did have the 175 version. I used the modded alx file. I am reading about missing clients etc. I believe I am seeing the same issue. I had some items organized into folders. eg. all im clients in IM folder. Now on the main screen using the dimension theme, i see my folders. However when i enter the , i did only see the tops of the icons. Now I can't see them until I hit the red clear button(hangup button), they briefly show just before it changes screens.

Anyone know how to edit the folder/icon sorting offline via pc?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Finally got it onto my 8310. Pretty strange...also with some alterations I got the IM clients to load also. Hopefully no problems will turn up.
    You don't need the IM clients, but the big question is did it enable Wifi???

(Ohh come on I had to do it before someone else did as someone was going to ask if the module was hidden in the device somewhere and just deactivated with the firmware and OS. We all know the answer. )

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr
    You don't need the IM clients, but the big question is did it enable Wifi???

(Ohh come on I had to do it before someone else did as someone was going to ask if the module was hidden in the device somewhere and just deactivated with the firmware and OS. We all know the answer. )
    YES I HAVE WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on my laptop...hehe.

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

aight i downloaded new copy of os, wiped with jl_cmdr and now everything is good. guess it just glitched or something.

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    Any word on a fix for UMA -> EDGE call transfers. I'm still having issues with dropping calls.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You know- I've been having hand off issues as well. I believe it's because I get hardly any signal inside my condo. Let me know if this is the same for you. I think you need to have a decent signal while in range of the UMA/WiFi to have the call hand off successfully. Maybe we're on to something
    --
    Walt

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Lightbulb Re: Latest 8320 OS: 4.2.2.180 TMO USA

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr
    Ben, I am not sure that there is a fix for us. I took your advice and went through the same company you did to get T-Mo service. I have been researching this since signing up with T-Mo and some are saying that it has to do with the hand-offs between UMA and the T-Mo towers. If I am understanding this corectly somethiing in the T-Mo towers programming handles the soft handoff, and I read where if you are not on a T-Mo tower then the handoff doesn't occur. Knowing that you are in NC and not on T-Mo towers, as am I, if what I read is correct then this is just something that we are going to have to deal with my friend. At least until T-Mo takes over the Suncom towers and rebrands and programs them, then we may get some love. Until then, I still get the free calling on UMA andf that is awesome.
    Okay.. Now that I've read further and spotted this response- I agree. I am north of Los Angeles, and it is my understanding that the T-Mobile towers here, are truely former AT&T towers. I don't mean the New AT&T/Cingular towers... I mean the OLD AT&T towers that T-Mob acquired when cingular first bought them before the big name change. <-- if any of that makes sense.

So Maybe that's why occasionally my calls will hand off successfully (it's only happened once in my home)
    --
    Walt

PIN/ID

I think the ultimate solution for UMA to GPRS/EDGE hand off problem is to have a program like "profile manager" one that would switch mobile network pref to wifi only when at home or work for example. A place where the wifi signal is strong and reliable whereas the GPRS/EDGE is not. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by silviajdm
    oops it was a user error.....meaning mines....I disabled "Windows Installer" in the Administrator's Tools when i was adjusting some things on my computer. The setup is going through now, I feel like such a noob, lol
    I take that back I think the .exe is messed up or I have to install this thing on another computer. Because I keep getting that runtime error.

vinniet no está en línea Stack level 2

My upgrade took forever but everything looks good. A cold boot does take longer. Also I connected to WiFi and went into sos. This time I went to
    UMA and I was able to make a phone call. Strage thing I do not pay for UMA and do not have a data plan.

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Oh gosh! This was by far the most complicated upgrade ever, I had the hourglass hanging after install, took out the batt ,got 50x error , followed a fix reinstall, nothing, finally wiped and reinstalled, same thing hanging for more then 30 min and after all it restarted and got it working. Still after reinstalling backup apps that were dwld OTA did not install, lost all viigo bookmarks etc. I wish I didn't upgrade ... Haven't slept all night ... Now 'working', good luck to all!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by Mareshalu
    Oh gosh! This was by far the most complicated upgrade ever, I had the hourglass hanging after install, took out the batt ,got 50x error , followed a fix reinstall, nothing, finally wiped and reinstalled, same thing hanging for more then 30 min and after all it restarted and got it working. Still after reinstalling backup apps that were dwld OTA did not install, lost all viigo bookmarks etc. I wish I didn't upgrade ... Haven't slept all night ... Now 'working', good luck to all!
    Hourglass is suppose to hang there for a while during an upgrade tho. Patience is the key

redmoon no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Hourglass is suppose to hang there for a while during an upgrade tho. Patience is the key
    yes I was a bit worried. it did take a LONG time with the hourglass just hanging around. But it did say "waiting for...." iin the install software which showed there was life...Theh I thought to myself...what the hell its still within the 14 day return policy. Worst case if it fails , I'll go exchange it for my 4th curve at the store rather than deal with reinstalling

PIN/ID

I think it handels UMA better, at least it switches to the strongest WiFi network effortlessly

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast