stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Re: 8320 on TMO coming soon!

Advertisement

Patiently waiting~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

I spoke with Tmo earlier today as well - they told me the 8800's were removed for backorder purposes only, not a permanent removal. This group also heard the curve is coming, nothing on the screens they can see yet though.
    Typically they do know 4-6 weeks out, however no blackberry is announced yet. Not rain on the parade, but just a fyi.

If I was placing a bet - I am betting AT&T gets the 8820 before Tmo gets the new Curve. I really hope I'm wrong. Too much data showing otherwise - the 8820 AT&T branded pics, etc. No wifi curve has appreared for FCC approval yet either, unless it has not been leaked.
    One can only hope..

Edit: forgot to say, they thought it would only be one week off the site. Guess we will see shortly.
    Last edited by zipped; 07-14-2007 at 01:40 AM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by zipped
    I spoke with Tmo earlier today as well - they told me the 8800's were removed for backorder purposes only, not a permanent removal. This group also heard the curve is coming, nothing on the screens they can see yet though.
    Typically they do know 4-6 weeks out, however no blackberry is announced yet. Not rain on the parade, but just a fyi.

If I was placing a bet - I am betting AT&T gets the 8820 before Tmo gets the new Curve. I really hope I'm wrong. Too much data showing otherwise - the 8820 AT&T branded pics, etc. No wifi curve has appreared for FCC approval yet either, unless it has not been leaked.
    One can only hope..

Edit: forgot to say, they thought it would only be one week off the site. Guess we will see shortly.
    Some ATT employees have played with the 8820 (Gruv) so your probably right, ATT will get the 8820 before tmo gets their curve.

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by zipped

One can only hope..

sometimes the sales rep wont know until a week prior so the public usually better informed than them

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm still betting the 83xx whether WiFi or no on TMO is no earlier than Aug 29. That's 91 days of AT&T Curve sales.

But a couple of questions. I don't remember, was there an exclusive for either TMO or AT&T for the 8800? Anybody think that the same thing might happen for the 8820?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

I've noticed a pattern with these FCC approvals. The iPhone was approved a little over a month before it's release date. According to what I'm seeing in this thread, it looks like the 8820 should be released sometime this month. It was approved last week. So I'm guessing we will not see an approval of the Wi-Fi Curve until sometime mid-August??

This is how I keep wits about me, ya'll. I need this device!
    Last edited by quiche; 07-14-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I'm still betting the 83xx whether WiFi or no on TMO is no earlier than Aug 29. That's 91 days of AT&T Curve sales.

But a couple of questions. I don't remember, was there an exclusive for either TMO or AT&T for the 8800? Anybody think that the same thing might happen for the 8820?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There was no exclusive on the 8800, it launched on both carriers. T-Mobile just launched it a little later than at&t. Doesn't mean the 8820 won't get one knowing at&t.

Zo

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am confused. Doesn't at&t not offer wifi? Why would they release the 8820 with wifi? T-Mo is pushing WiFi right now. Unless there is something changing at at&t.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

this is going to be really sweet, must find more money to buy new BB!!!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

This article is a little older, but has some good info.

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/news/article.php/3685791

BBNUT#1 no está en línea Stack level 2

I was told by my NAR that the 8320 will be out in late september. She also asked how many of the 8320 i was looking to order. I don't know if they are looking to get a forcast on corperate demend.

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by quiche
    I've noticed a pattern with these FCC approvals. The iPhone was approved a little over a month before it's release date. According to what I'm seeing in this thread, it looks like the 8820 should be released sometime this month. It was approved last week. So I'm guessing we will not see an approval of the Wi-Fi Curve until sometime mid-August??

This is how I keep wits about me, ya'll. I need this device!
    The 8820 and the curve are 2 different device so they could get a approval on it with no problem

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jloverg
    The 8820 and the curve are 2 different device so they could get a approval on it with no problem
    I know that the 8820 and the Curve are two different devices and I know that approval shouldn't be a problem. My post was about the timing of the FCC approvals and how close they are to a launch date by a carrier. It was an observation and a laypersons guess on when the FCC might approve the 8320. I will be looking forward to that approval and once that happens, my tax refund can finally stop earning interest and be put to something useful.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    TMO pulled the 8800 permanently from their upgrade program today! 8320 can't be far off!
    That makes absolutely no sense. An 83xx device can't replace an 88xx device. It would be like Chevy "replacing" the Corvette with the Impala or something like that.

If the 8800 being pulled the only thing that this statement is based on or was there an actual source within TMO (i.e. is this just more of the usual specualtion on these forums)?

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am confused. Doesn't at&t not offer wifi? Why would they release the 8820 with wifi? T-Mo is pushing WiFi right now. Unless there is something changing at at&t.
    I'm guessing you mean UMA and not WiFi. Wireless carriers don't provide WiFi (except for those like TMO that have Hotspots). At&t has definitely sold some devices with WiFi. There's no reason that a carrier would have to offer UMA to offer a WiFi-equipped device as well. UMA isn't the only reason for WiFi on a mobile device.

Quote Originally Posted by quiche
    My post was about the timing of the FCC approvals and how close they are to a launch date by a carrier. It was an observation and a laypersons guess on when the FCC might approve the 8320. I will be looking forward to that approval and once that happens, my tax refund can finally stop earning interest and be put to something useful.
    IMO you're more on the mark than the OP. TMO wouldn't pull the 8800 unless there was another 88xx to offer their corporate clients and it sounds like the OP's statement was complete speculation. On the other hand, FFC approval is required for all new devices. If the 8320 was close to release it would be approved or about to be approved.
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-14-2007 at 08:56 PM.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

i just got my 8800 only 2weeks or less ago. I dont see myself upgrading for another year. First time user of blackberry and i usually tend to keep phones for about 1yr before upgrading.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast