Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ u aren't making calls on thw wifi network either tho... To me, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: 8320 on AT&T Questions

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ u aren't making calls on thw wifi network either tho... To me, THAT is the true benefit of wifi for that device... W/o it , not worth it to me...

Glad its workin 4 u tho

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I agree with you jscott, but since I am on T-Mo with the option, I think the wi-fi if heads above the functionality of the GPS (at least for me), but if I had my choice, you could have the camera, just give me both the GPS and the wi-fi modules. I already have a good camera and never use the one in the phone. I would have gotten the 8820 for T-Mo if they offered the H@H with it, but I really don't like the keyboard. For me the perfect device is the Curve with GPS and wi-fi sans the camera (that would fix the issue of not fitting all the functionality into this device as once the camera is gone...bam tons of available space).

jdchamp31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A7ED37

Again, Can you view full web pages?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

It shows everything the same as it does on the BB browser if that is what you are asking. It will be formatted for the device by the BB Browser, it just bypasses theirn proxy and uses the wi-fi gate. Now if you get Opera mini it will be more of a PC type of browsing experience if that is what you are asking. At least I have no special browser on my device, it looks just like the normal BB browser with a different structure in the background. I can go to pretty much any site that I want, doesn't always look or respond like IE or Mozilla, but is useable in a pinch or when board and without the laptop, but I always prefer to browse on a true PC.
    Last edited by squeakr; 11-19-2007 at 12:55 PM.

PIN/ID
    24A7ED37

What do u mean by authorized network~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

if you're using wi-fi then you can view full web-pages but you have to be able to access the wi-fi spot either an unprotected signal or you must know the WEP or WAP in order to gain access to the wi-fi...hope this helps

PIN/ID
    24A7ED37

As good as the iPhone Wb Client?

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    if you're using wi-fi then you can view full web-pages but you have to be able to access the wi-fi spot either an unprotected signal or you must know the WEP or WAP in order to gain access to the wi-fi...hope this helps

ChrisMc73 no está en línea Stack level 3

He's asking about the full color graphics type pages, like on the PC yes...

I know Opera Mini does it, but I think he's asking about the WiFi connection on the BB Browser?

benmontez no está en línea Stack level 1

wifi connection on the bb browser works just fine supports all web pages

question?? you guys mention no mms - but i can sms (text message) with my unlocked 8320 on att - just havent figured out how to send a picture mail or picture through text to another phone - is this what i will be limited on? I can send a picture to an e-mail though.

also - i got a 3gp attachment in my e-mail - how can i get that to play on my phone - do i need to download some software?

and one more - where does the micro sd card go on my 8320?

ok nuff questions..

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by benmontez View Post
    wifi connection on the bb browser works just fine supports all web pages

question?? you guys mention no mms - but i can sms (text message) with my unlocked 8320 on att - just havent figured out how to send a picture mail or picture through text to another phone - is this what i will be limited on? I can send a picture to an e-mail though.

also - i got a 3gp attachment in my e-mail - how can i get that to play on my phone - do i need to download some software?

and one more - where does the micro sd card go on my 8320?

ok nuff questions..
    If you have a data plan you should be able to send MMS.

Not sure about the attachment though. It should be able to. I'm not positive about that.

As for the location of the card it goes behind the battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12