Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Couple of questions if I was to get the 8320 on AT&T: Will I be ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jdchamp31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A7ED37

Question 8320 on AT&T Questions

Advertisement

Couple of questions if I was to get the 8320 on AT&T:

Will I be able to re-program the internet settings so that the internet works?
    Will the Wi-Fi feature still work?
    can you view websites in full when you are browsing using Wi-Fi?
    Can I flash it and put AT&T Software on it

Please Advise.

-Jared

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: 8320 on AT&T Questions

I know you can unlock it and load at&t software on there to use for at&t. The wifi shoyld work fine because the wifi is hardware built onto the phone so that will still be there. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

your only setback I know of for sure is no mms capabilities whihc is why I returned mine for the 8310
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

ChrisMc73 no está en línea Stack level 3

This is a good thread...as I just bought an 8320 on ebay...
    Should I Flash it and load up the AT&T OS, basically do I have to?
    I guess I'd want to, as the TMobile stuff won't be any good for me on AT&T right?
    How do I do this, just install the AT&T OS on the PC an load it up? Or do I have to do an erase of the TMobile one and then load AT&T?
    Last edited by ChrisMc73; 11-18-2007 at 08:54 PM.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~There is no AT$T os for the 8320 as they don't have it to release an OS for. Can only load either the original T-Mo .173 or newer .180 or the Hong Kong .175.

Ok, well that makes sense, so can I load the OS for 8310 then? Or would I be losing some functionality?

Basically what I want to know is, I just bought an 8320 on ebay, the seller is sending me the unlock codes with the phone...

What do I need to do to use it on AT&T?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The OS is NOT carrier specific. It is only device specific. So no matter what network your on as long as its unlocked you should be able to use the BB. The data options are all dependent on your carrier. MMS, browser with wifi,etc.

Ok, so I should just load up TMobiles latest "8320" OS, and if he's sending the UNLOCK code, what do I do with that? (Assuming I get it unlocked with that code) I'm good to go?

Will it have all the TMobile stuff on it? Is there a way to "unvendorize" it?

bkeaver no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 View Post
    Ok, well that makes sense, so can I load the OS for 8310 then? Or would I be losing some functionality?

Basically what I want to know is, I just bought an 8320 on ebay, the seller is sending me the unlock codes with the phone...

What do I need to do to use it on AT&T?

you cannot load the 8310 OS on the 8320. The OS software is Hardware dependant. the 8310 has different internal hardware such as built in GPS as the 8320 has built in WIFI. the only thing you can do is unlock it and put AT&T settings in for wap and download thier service books. Beware you will probably have to call AT&T support to see if they can send you the correct service books so that all your services work such as email and mms ect...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~No you can't like I said the only threee os available for this device are the 3 that I listed and it will come with at least one of them. You more than likely won't get any other os to load, a few wizards on here have managed to get certain things to load through brute force, but the average enduser will have no such luck. You will possibly lose some functionality as was previously stated as the service books might not be compatible, but who knows if you will miss it (I wouldn't miss the lack of mms as I don't text message at all) so to each his own.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You can remove the vendor.alx and that will open it up for use with other themes and such, but it will still have the T-Mo spash start up screen and you can get rid of some of the. Programs but they are not vendor specific such as aim and other such as that. It may have the myfaves app but that will disappear when the new service boos are pushed to it and you probably won't ever get the PTT to work, if you even wanted it in the first place.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea no "unvendorizing" always will have the original vendor on there.

As for the PTT you can get it it is just a module on the OS you just need to "unlock" it. You can practically get all the applications for the BB just need to do some alterations of the files

On a side note I was able to load the TMO OS onto my 8310. I went about it in a different fashion and don't recommend it for any newbies. It does work, but there is really no difference between the 8320 and 8310 OS.

jdchamp31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A7ED37

I still gave some original quesdtions:

Will the Wi-Fi still work with an AT&T Sim
    Is the Wi-Fi browser a full browser

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Several of us have been down this path... i personally don't recommend it - if u want to be fully functional on ATT, get an 8310 - the 8320 will give u some headaches unnecessarily.

• the MMS will not work on the ATT network - so that functionality is lost
    • the wi-fi will work, but for browsing/data only when you are in range of an authorized network (like your home wifi) - u won't have access to make free calls via UMA like TMo users do... that's not an ATT feature
    • the wi-fi speed differences were not that drastically faster than a full EDGE connection when browsing
    • as noted above by others, u will need to make many tweaks to get things like the IM features (AIM, Y, etc) to work properly...
    it's certainly your decision and do what works for u, but there a bunch of us that tired of these issues and went with the 8310 on our own network - - -

Best,

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

blacklaw no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    327508D5

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 View Post
    Ok, so I should just load up TMobiles latest "8320" OS, and if he's sending the UNLOCK code, what do I do with that? (Assuming I get it unlocked with that code) I'm good to go?

Will it have all the TMobile stuff on it? Is there a way to "unvendorize" it?

That is what I did, just remove the vendor file and you should be fine. I am using my 8320 on the At&t network with no problems....just no mms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast