Hi guys, so I was out last night and I did drop the phone. The ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jenga1083 no está en línea Stack level 2

8320 not turning on!

Advertisement

Hi guys, so I was out last night and I did drop the phone. The phone restarted and it worked perfectly for the rest of the night. I went to bed with the phone charger in as I always do. When I woke up, my phone was off! I was like wtf happened. So I pressed the on button and it started to boot up (with the spinning hourglass on a blank white screen) but then it just shut off. So now I started to get worried. So I thought maybe something happened with the charge and there is no battery. So I go to charge it and I see a brief flash of the red LED and then nothing. I've been charging for 15 min and I would think I can turn it on by now, but no luck.

PLEASE HELP!!!! What can it be???

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    try a batt pull and pull it outta the charger
    Titanium 8900
    PIN: 24AA7EFA

Past Devices:
    8100, 8800, 8320

did several times, no luck...=(

all my numbers/programs!!!!!

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    When was the last time you did a back up through Desktop manager?

....longgg time.... +6 months... yeah, I know, I should be doing it more often. =(

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    remove the battery, sim card, and sd card altogether and replace them. if one or the other gets loose, it can cause the phone to act weird.

what OS are you running by the way?

TiaBia no está en línea Stack level 2
    The exact same thing is happening to me, only I didn't drop my phone. I was running the Orange version of 4.5, but I'm not 100% sure that is the problem.
    Last edited by TiaBia; 09-09-2008 at 06:27 PM.
    EYE SEE YOU

I am running the original OS that it came with. I believe it was 4.2? (I got the curve around oct '07) Btw, what's a good OS version I should upgrade to?

So i figured out why it turns off automatically. Apparently the drop did kill it, or at least something inside of it. When I dropped the phone, I remember the center ring around the trackball popped out, so I just pushed that back in. But I guess something behind that center area is loose. I noticed if I squeezed the phone around that area, it would turn on. Otherwise, it will just shut off.

I was glad I did a backup when I got the chance. I guess time for RMA?

guynextdoor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215AC9BE
    To me it sounds like something inside is messed up. A buddy of mine works at the airport here in Chicago and he dropped his by accident and it got ran over by a transporter..what sucks about it is that 2 days before he cancelled the monthly insurance on it. But he was able to do a backup on it and was able to get another curve from a buddy of his and was able to upload his info from the old phone to the new one. By the way, speaking of insurance, do you have any? You might be able to get another curve on a discount.. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TiaBia no está en línea Stack level 2
    I ended up having to go to Tmobile and getting a brand new replacement curve. Thank goodness is was FREE. Although still no one was able to tell me exactly what happened to my beloved curve.

Although I'm still skeptical that it was the 4.5, I won't be installing it on the new curve until Tmobile gives the official go-ahead :-(
    EYE SEE YOU