I have the tmobile curve 8320 that was purchased the day the pre-release started. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

8320 nav ball issue

Advertisement

I have the tmobile curve 8320 that was purchased the day the pre-release started. I upgraded from a tmobile pearl 8100. anyone else notice a difference in the trackball between the 2 phones. I called tmobile today to have them send out a new one because there is a grinding noise when i move my track ball around. it also hangs up every once in a while not letting me navigate down with the ball. if i look closely on the trackball, i can see little scratch marks where it looks like something inside is rubbing against it. When i went to the tmobile store, i was playing around with the curves they had there, the demo gold they had felt just like mine, grainy, but the demo titanium one felt very smooth like how my pearl feels. anyone know whats up with this?

I know back when these first were released there was a debate going on about the build quality of the 8320's and where they were made. I have right now one that was made in mexico and its a piece of junk. to my knowledge they was another country like turkey where some were made. anyone have any of these and hows the build quality.

tmo said my new curve is 3 days out.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: 8320 nav ball issue

The phone definitely sounds defective, but the country of origin is most likely not going to be the culprit. I doubt the phones from Mexico have a dramatically higher fail rate than any other facility, or they wouldn't continue using them.

I have a Pearl that was hecho en mexico, its been a champ.

Good luck with your replacement.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'm on my 2nd return. One had a trackball issue and this one has issues with the "M" key. What's the deal with the 8320
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When I first got with T-mobile years ago me and my friends always would say that they had great plans and service. Grating looking phones but not good build to them.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Sounds like you may have dirt or lint on one of the connectors. Do you carry it in your pocket?

To fix it, Turn off the BB. Press and hold the trackball and move it in all directions, left, right, up, down, etc for a minute or too.

Take some compressed air and blow it around the ball while pressing it down.

Dip a q-tip in alcohol and the clean the ball.

Turn the BB back on and it should work. And don't carry it in your pocket. That is the worse place to carry it! If not, you probably have a defective device.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

yeah try this,,, i would use one of those cans of compressed air for keyboard before i grabbed the blower nozzle from grandpas compressor in the garage. They blow a lot of water amd rust particles out when not drained properly. The keyboard blowers have a inert gas inside and if some liquid comes out it with evaporate right away.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Im on my 2nd and possibly 3rd curve from ATT. Its not the carrier, its the product. Unfortunately, I love the phone so I deal with it, but the quality control is severely lacking.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via redberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think the OP was talikng about the ridges that's felt with the newer track balls. Yes it will feel like there is sand or something in the track ball. I think they changed it so that you could fell the trackball actually move. The pearl trackballs were smooth.

I'm not sure about the orignal 8300 but the 8310 has excellent workmanship. All I've noticed is a little creaking from the bottom right, but that was from a drop. I've had no issues on my 8310.