Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yea mine is doing the same thing magellan havent really got a fix yet I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

yea mine is doing the same thing magellan havent really got a fix yet I called TMO c/c and they are sending me a new phone but its kind of a pain till then

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    thanks for the reply brian...if it keeps happening then i'll trade mine in but so far things have been going okay

Steve_S_T no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    254C4D85
    I had my first 8320 about a month ago. Yesterday I had my third. Both previous handsets had the shutting down problem. I lived with it for a while but when it started to do it during phone calls I decided to take action. The first exchange was done by the shop that supplied it as it was inside 28 days from purchase. The second was done from Orange (UK). The girl there just asked me a couple of fairly standard questions (is auto on/ off activated for example) then said "oh, it's telling me to exchange the handset". So I reckon it really is a common problem, a fact backed up by a lot of threads about the issue on the various Bb forums. I also have to add that I browsed many of those threads when my problems arose, and not one of the solutions proposed by other forumites was reported back as having worked. My advice is don't waste time trying to solve the problem, talk to your supplier or carrier and change the handset. I'm hoping the third time is lucky.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    ya but then they send you a refurb ...i've had my 8320 since the day after release and don't want a refurb...i likes my OG 8320

Steve_S_T no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    254C4D85
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    ya but then they send you a refurb ...i've had my 8320 since the day after release and don't want a refurb...i likes my OG 8320
    Are you saying that this is standard policy for all carriers (I'm on Orange in the UK)? More importantly, when the "new" or new phone arrives, how do you know that it's a refurb? Finally, even if my new 8320 is a refurb it is in pristine, absolutely as new, condition and, best of all I'm into my third day with it and it has not performed an involuntary shut down. To me, that's a more important consideration than any other, and I can't understand why somebody would persevere with a phone that isn't fully functional or waste hours trying to solve a problem that has been proven unsolvable thus far.

Each to their own I suppose, but I'm certainly happier with my third, possible refurb, 8320 than the "definitely new" first and second ones

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12