Aggghh!!! I kept trying to connect my curve to my Netgear wireless router (which is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5

8320 Jacked Up My Home Network!!!!

Advertisement

Aggghh!!! I kept trying to connect my curve to my Netgear wireless router (which is connected to cable modem). It found the wireless network but would not connect. Then on my router settings, it kept saying that the router was being managed by another IP, the one somehow assigned to my phone....... I had to reset everything and have my ISP reset my modem remotely....... wtf

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Ouch, I have never heard of a phone taking over a network. I have a user that connects his bb to our wireless network (linksys) and when he goes from router to router he has not a problem, and I have never have him cause a problem.

Sorry to hear that!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    fixed it, just had to reset my router back to factory settings and start from scratch: here's my solution (worked for me)

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=72726

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    Wow that sounds like a pain. I haven't had that happen. Although my dad is on some odd internet cap plan and when I attach to his net via wifi. I accidentaly got him kicked offline for 24 hrs. Opps. Lol. Apparently all my pinstacking counted as download time and affected his account so he won't let me surf on his network anymore.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    lol. yeah I've noticed some issues where my mac address for my bb does not match the mac address shown on the router's "connected devices" I'm pretty sure Netgear routers are not 100% compatible. anyways the wifi is still pretty fast, although there are some youtube videos out there where they are trying to show that it isn't

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    Your netgear wireless router should be fine. Just remember on wireless routers you have two different macs for them. One for the wireless and one for the router LAN. So your probably seeing your LAN mac and not your wireless mac.

PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    hmm, i didn't think about that. that actually makes a lot of sense now. thanks!

Johnni no está en línea Stack level 2
    My netgear router works perfectly with my phone. when in doubt, hard reset the router. lol.

PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    I ended up setting everything to default and setting up my wireless network again. Everything works perfectly now. WiFi is suhweet!
    - berrythemes . com -

timothywgray no está en línea Stack level 1

Those naughty boys from Canada.

Here is what made the difference for me:

In the netgear router, I turned on both WPA-PSK TKIP and WPA2-PSK AES security options. This is one the WIRELESS SETTINGS page of the of the NETGEAR setup wizard. Once I did this, the phone started routing on WI-FI though the netgear router. (If you are using a different brand of router, try turning on both, but of course, you will need to use a different command sequence on your router. Most modern routers will support both modes of WPA.)

Although RIM probably won't admit it, I suspect that they only support AES. Those naughty boys from Canada! First they steal our patents, then they don't support TKIP. Tsk, Tsk.

melder215 no está en línea Stack level 2
    wifi on 8320 rocks. UMA is great if you have t-mobile. since i know yall got 8320 with wifi. someone here has to have been messing with VOIP and gotten further than me.. im+talk can barely do it, but i cant afford that anyway.. damns its $$$$. so come on, what ARE yall doing with all that wifi..,
    look up aerize wifix. if you aint got a data plan it makes stuff happen. good enough i paid $ for it.