my star button keeps popping up at every waking moment. Ive done battery pulls and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

citydcstar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243FC386

8320 issues

Advertisement

my star button keeps popping up at every waking moment. Ive done battery pulls and a hard reset which wiped everything off my BB && its still doing it.

the "assign a key" screens KEEPs popping up. I am 10seconds away from tossing this phone in the garbage.

better yet, I am about to call tmobile && demand a new phone because this isnt working for me.

any suggestions ??

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    did you install anything before this started happening?

I am not completely sure what you mean.

You mean the Assign a Speed Dial to the X Key? - usually that means the key is being pressed down by something - usually a case - maybe try adjusting the bb in the case.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    243FC386
    I havent downloaded anything onto my phone since I have had it && yes thats the thing that keeps popping up.

do you have a case or skin on your phone? That can push down the button and make the message pop up.

Maybe split something sticky on the keypad which is causing the button to stick?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    243FC386
    idk.. ive tried everything && nothing is working. Im just going to go ahead and get them to send me a new phone out. *sigh* && now Im even more mad becuase all my BB messenger contacts are gone

You should back up your BB on your PC regularly. Then you don't have to worry.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    243FC386
    I am PC-less at the moment