just upgraded from pearl and am having the following issues. Wondering if anyone else is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

FilterMiller no está en línea Stack level 2

8320 issues??

Advertisement

just upgraded from pearl and am having the following issues. Wondering if anyone else is having them.

1. email is coming in after 10 to 20 minutes delayed

2. im asked to upgrade browser in starbucks. cant get to work

3. is there anyway to seperate the wifi browser from the regular browser. Its frustrating becuase if the default is set to wifi the browser wont work if im outside wifi area

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8320 issues??

Quote Originally Posted by FilterMiller
    just upgraded from pearl and am having the following issues. Wondering if anyone else is having them.

1. email is coming in after 10 to 20 minutes delayed

2. im asked to upgrade browser in starbucks. cant get to work

3. is there anyway to seperate the wifi browser from the regular browser. Its frustrating becuase if the default is set to wifi the browser wont work if im outside wifi area
    1. Email works for me. Could be a service book issue.

2. Starbucks requires log w/ username and passwd for http, ftp and other non-UMA protocals. I don't think they've updated their servers yet.

3. You have to go into your bookmarks and change the entry from "WiFi Browser" to "Internet Browser" or else you'll get that stupid error screen about Wifi. It SHOULD change automatically but as of right now it doesn't. It's a HUGE pain.

Hope that explains ... doesn't do much to help.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

that helps. thanks!

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

My casing isn't tight... It was creaking a bit as I typed the other day, but I thought it was in my head. Nope - 2 days later and I need to call them for a new one. I don't know what else to do. I am afraid if I dropped it once, it would be over!

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

What is the difference between the wifi and BB browser? Just a distinction about which connection to use?

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Encrypt
    What is the difference between the wifi and BB browser? Just a distinction about which connection to use?
    I looked and looked Saturday when I ran into this.. I can't find any difference. I think if there is a difference then there should be TWO icons on the desktop w/ two sets of bookmarks.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

Quote Originally Posted by aergern
    I looked and looked Saturday when I ran into this.. I can't find any difference. I think if there is a difference then there should be TWO icons on the desktop w/ two sets of bookmarks.
    That's what I figured but was unsure of the intended use for it. I assume its just a way to run two different sets of settings for browsing on Wifi or not. Regular browser works just fine IMO.

the problem is that in regular browsing mode you can not download from sites. You need the wifi browser to download an mp3 from a music blog etc.

Is anyone else having a problem with loose casing/housing? It's on the bottom, left, front corner. Loose, loose, loose!

MrNeef no está en línea Stack level 2

i think one is off tzones type web and other is wifi web...

mdwaite no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelp
    Is anyone else having a problem with loose casing/housing? It's on the bottom, left, front corner. Loose, loose, loose!
    I had an ATT (unlocked for TMo) Curve and it was really loose and creaked (returned it to the store). I am afraid it may be an 83XX design issue. Not nearly as solid of a feel as the 81XX or 88XX series (or most of the previous Blackberrys for that matter). But, I found my new 8320 to be a lot tighter and am happy with it in spite of it not being as tight as other models.
    "Would you say I have a
    plethora of Blackberrys?"

I just took it back and got a new one. So lots of fun "re-personalizing" to do! The trackball on this one is tighter, and the casing is solid!

mak618 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelp
    Mine does that too left hand bottom front corner. .. I just noticed it today .. and its been there ever since.. Also sometimes it feels that the part that has the T-mobile printed on it moves a bit too..