Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why must you bash the suretype!! Lol its not a full key board but its ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Re: 8320 in hand by BG....Wi-FI!

Advertisement

Why must you bash the suretype!! Lol its not a full key board but its effective!! Either way this is great, tmob it is!!!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

That is good news for TMO! I wonder who will carry the 83XX "papa bear"?

After having extensively used the GPS on my 8800 on a recent trip I'm not giving that feature up...

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I totally agree, GPS is handy to have!
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Don't need GPS as much, just release it already T-MO~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I don't want to get anyones hopes up needlessly, but had to share this tidbid of a story (I shared in 8100 forum, but can't find it to copy paste):

about 1 week ago I was at the local mall and stopped by a t-mobile store. I asked the guy what he knew about the blackberry 8300 (8320 talks hadn't dropped yet). He said "8300?" I said "full qwerty blackberry" and he said "with a cam?", I said "yeah!" (pretty excited) and he said "We're supposed to be getting a new blackberry in 2 weeks I think, lemme ask _________ (forgot guys name). Hey _______ you know a release date on the new blackberry?" his partner said 3 weeks. He turned back to me and said, "something like two or three weeks".

In the other thread (at the time) I said, 'well he might've been blowing smoke... but why? guess we'll wait and see'. I believe someone was skeptical at that time too in the thread... now it comes out that an 8320 is coming to t-mobile. could've just been luck, but seeing that the software was on there for t-mobile fave5, etc. and what seems to be a completed OS.. maybe it really is 3 weeks (now 2 1/2weeks) until arrival.

again, I don't have some 'secret source', just retelling my story from a week ago when I stopped in at the Jersey Gardens T-mobile store.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

My TMO source and I played golf yesterday (he kicked my arse.) He's been hands on with the 8800 that's soon to come but didn't know anything about the 8300/8320. I'm not saying, that means anything. I'm just saying he's better at golf than me.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I was going to wait for 3G, but the 8320 might be the way to go for now. My Tom Tom does great for GPS, and has turn by turn. Wifi and 2.0MP are better options for me!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

This is the one I've been waiting for. Bring it on!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    I was going to wait for 3G, but the 8320 might be the way to go for now. My Tom Tom does great for GPS, and has turn by turn. Wifi and 2.0MP are better options for me!
    imagine you wait for 3g and the first version is suretype..

i'd probably go have a good cry in the shower at that point.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Suretype rocks, but 8320 looks sweet. Bring it on baby!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

You know blackninja, Suretype doesn't bother me at all. I type way faster than my boss even does with qwerty. I've gotten so used to it, either is fine by me. Especially in the recent advances of it. Plus, I love the size of my pearl.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I've heard lots of people say suretype is actually faster. For some reason, I just couldn't get it. I suppose I've just been a qwerty man for too long.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Buy one and use it for the 2 week period. I'm telling you, its easy. I was qwerty for the first year plus of my blackberry usage, and go back and forth between the two seamlessly.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I had the pearl right up to the end of my 14 day return policy. It wasn't horrible, I just didn't get a feel for it.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I've spent more than enough time with SureType to discover that it's not for me. If you mostly used standard English words it's great but acronyms, foreign words, email addresses, etc really throw it off. It certainly did a very poor job of predicting what I was typing. However, it works really well for plenty of people. You do have to give it some time to assess its suitability for you and I mean waay more than 5-10 minutes in a store. Two weeks is a pretty good deciding point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast